The Human Resources Coordinator provides support across the HR function.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages the recruitment process for all hourly positions which includes posting of positions thru our Applicant Tracking system. Prescreening and interviewing of candidates for hourly positions.
• Initiates background checks through third party assistance and tracks results communicating clear for hire status.
• Participate in recruitment/career fairs to represent the hotel and identify potential candidates for employment.
• Conducts follow up interviews with new associate and exit interviews with departing associates.
• Participates/Conducts new Associate orientation and enrollment process.
• Co-ordinate all new associate start date and process all necessary HR forms.
• Oversees the day-to-day administration of the HR systems in use, including data entry and reporting
• Ensures that employee personnel files are maintained and prepares all other related Human Resources records in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Coordinates a variety of programs and events such as birthday cards, welcome cards etc.
• Assist with social functions i.e. All Associate Event, picnics, holiday party etc.
• Assist with organizing and facilitating training programs such as Culture and Customers Service training.
• Responds to management/employee queries regarding Human Resources issues.
• Manage benefits administration, open enrollment, monthly reconciliation and maintenance
• A minimum of one year experience in a Human Resources role, preferably within a full-service hotel/resort/conference center.
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and knowledge of computers and information systems.
• Effective spoken and written communication.
• Comfort with diverse people who have various educational levels, cultural heritages, religious practices, ages, work experience, and opinions.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Able to set and accomplish goals and work as a member of a team.
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and fairness.
• A Certificate or Degree in Human Resources highly desired.
• A minimum formal education of high school diploma or GED with college degree highly preferred.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
• Handle multiple priorities effectively.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. While attending trade shows, must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day. This includes traveling to and from meetings. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Some portions of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as repetitive tasks, hands exertion, vibration, poor body mechanics, restrictive work stations or awkward postures.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 16 months ago