Purpose: To plan and coordinate human resources services that support staffing, payroll, training, benefits and recognition efforts. Reports to HR Manager.
- Facilitate internal and external employment opportunity postings distribution.
- Receive and review applications and resumes and maintain responses to recruiting efforts.
- Act as primary contact with staffing agencies and recruiters.
- Conduct initial employment interviews; facilitate pre-employment requisites.
- Schedule and lead new employee orientation and on-boarding.
- Assist in Time and Attendance maintenance and other HRIS related functions.
- Coordinate new hire and operator training; identify training needs for employees being promoted or moving laterally.
- Schedule and organize internal and external training sessions and activities; maintain training records.
- Complete various forms relating to employment and wage verification.
- Assist in administering annual company-wide events such as performance appraisals, open enrollment and recognition events.
- Conducts exit interviews.
Experience: One year of experience in the Human Resources, with concentration in recruitment, training and benefits preferred.
Skills: –Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, proficient in Microsoft Office, English language fluency excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level of interpersonal skills, high regard for confidentiality, knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices and processes.
Essential Behavioral Competencies:
Attention to Detail: Exercises thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Monitors and checks own quality work or information, as well as others; work and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Multi- tasking: Manages simultaneous projects of varying complexities. In a continuous flow and deadlines environment oversee and respond, plan and manage people, and resources.-.
Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintains composure and ably responds to changing priorities or schedules, resources availability, unexpected/unanticipated work interruptions as may occur, adaptations and/or changes imposed at request of Management or other parts of the organization; employs sound judgment and sense of urgency; positively receives and applies corrective counseling and/or training requiring change in work processes and approach.
Communication: Strong written, aural, verbal and reading comprehension especially oriented to inter-personal communications. Strong written skills to define, document procedures and processes and create correspondence with internal and external parties; interfaces with current and potential employees while providing a positive experience.
Collaboration: Personal conduct contributes to a harmonious and productive workplace; committed to the success of others; communicates information at appropriate time to appropriate people which enables operations to run smoothly and productively; invites participation and input from other sources to arrive at best solutions and to foster cooperative, team oriented climate; committed to and actively supports principles of equal opportunity, values workforce diversity and supports a harassment free workplace.
Organization: Employs planning which reasonably considers and anticipates variables; planning enables reliability in achieving objectives, meeting deadlines and overall work responsibilities; effectively uses time and resources; records ,documentation, training or other essential materials are maintained in readily retrievable order.
Problem Analysis/Problem Solving: Ability to articulate suggestions and recommendations from the collection and analysis of relevant and current information and data.
Self –Direction: - Self-starter with minimal supervision; positive approach, self-motivated, creative with ability to work on own initiative.
Conflict Resolution: Vigilant to situations which give rise to conflict and manages own and others’ behavior to mitigate conflict; leads by example to demonstrate how to effectively and respectfully work through differences.
Team Building – works effectively in team environment, collaborates to overcome obstacles, persevere in efforts, accept accountability for and executes responsibilities; personal behavior elicits respect, responsiveness from others.
Safety Awareness: Recognizes and takes action to remove and/or avoid creation of hazards.
Essential Physical/Mental/Sensory Demands:
CRITICAL KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Manual/digital dexterity (moderate demand) Occasion-to lift, stack and set materials, employ basic hand tools and operate machinery - grip, hold, lift, physically manipulate; to operate computers and computer programs, write and complete documents.
- Visual – (high demand) - reading documents; inspecting and observing work and machine function; recognize and interact with computer displays; strong spatial relations for positioning and alignment; able to recognize and distinguish between colors (MPIs, shop traveler priority system, warning lights)
- Lifting, standing, walking, bending, carrying, pulling, pushing, stooping/crouching, reaching, squatting (low demand) – some opportunities for alternate sit/stand though majority of work is performed from standing position; lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Environmental (moderate demand) – exposure to dust and fibers, noise; chemical fumes mitigated by PPE, ventilation and vacuum systems.
- Positive Internal Customer Service Feedback
- Low Turnover
- Accurate and Updated Records Management
- Knowledge of and Consistent Enforcement of Company Policies
- Reports to: Human Resources Manager
- Internal: All staff
- External: Staffing agencies, potential employees, various external agencies and organizations.
Education: Associates degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Legal fields or equivalent combination of education and experience.