Primary responsibilities include processing HR data transactions and ensuring all payable time is recorded and approved in a timely and accurate fashion according to established procedures. The position provides confidential and administrative support to the Human Resources Department including backup coverage for the reception area. This position also updates the HR section of the HLS website and provides quality customer service to both the HLS and Harvard community. This position is a vital member of the HR team where organizational skills, a positive attitude, excellent communication, and the ability to prioritize are a must. Provides administrative support to the Assistant Dean/Chief Human Resources Officer, including calendar maintenance and scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting planning and problem solving.
• Execute personnel changes affecting payroll and perform other data maintenance processes
• Processes new hires from ASPIRE to PeopleSoft
• As back up to HR Assistant, meet and assist new hires with hiring documents and "on-boarding" process
• Collaborate with HLS ITS to ensure that any account creation/termination issues are resolved
• Audit and help prepare offer letters as well as other personnel letters.
• Tracks and distributes weekly Staff Changes Report
• Tracks and distributes Upcoming Staff Expirations Report
• Provides back up coverage for weekly and biweekly payroll as necessary
• Assists with the administration of the annual salary increase process, including the development and distribution of letters in support of the transaction
• Contributes articles to the HLS Online Staff Connection (quarterly newsletter to staff)
• Provide back up for front desk coverage
• Maintain and update the Human Resources section of the Harvard Law School website
• Assist in representing HLS at University meetings, such as the HRIS User Group meeting, keeping supervisor informed of relevant information
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Three or more years of related experience.
Experience with successful processing of high volume transactions which require a strong attention to detail. Demonstrated experience with Excel or other spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word and email applications required.
Proven interest and ability to work with details and data. Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion. Accuracy and attention to detail under deadline pressure required. Ability to exercise good judgment in working with limited supervision a must. Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
College degree and familiarity with PeopleSoft preferred. Experience with database and graphic design software a plus.
The job requires that loads of up to 15 pounds be lifted and/or moved.
Harvard University - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard