The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, the understanding and enforcement of company policies, and assisting with benefits and workmen’s compensation duties.
Assist Director of Human Resources with:
· Recruitment of all hourly positions in a timely manner
· Enforcement of company policies
· Assist with benefits and workmen’s compensation duties.
· Administer insurance
· Enter payroll information on computer (wage information, changes).
· Conduct prescreening interviews.
· Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment logbook.
· Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion records.
· Compile wage surveys.
· Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
· Monitor Workman’s Compensation claims, complete First Report of Injury.
· Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits (insured and noninsured).
· Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
· Process paperwork for terminating employees.
· Conduct company orientation for new hires – explain benefits, conduct tour of property.
· Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
· Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings, picnics, parties).
· Attend union meetings with shop stewards to discuss grievances and other issues.
Education & Experience:
• College course work in related field helpful.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary. .
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels - 13 months ago