BASIC PURPOSE : To assist in the overall operation of the Human Resource Department by maintaining accurate employee records. To provide support in the areas of employment, benefit administration, employee relations and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Screen all applicants and determine eligibility for employment. Refer to department manager when appropriate. Conduct all reference checks and execute the employment process. (20%)
2. Prepare correspondence and memos as needed. (10%)
3. Maintain all logs (new hire, termination, transfers, department meetings, turnover reports) daily by period and prepare reports in a timely, accurate manner. (10%)
4. Assist with all benefit administration including group health insurance, credit union, vacation, sick, leave of absence, jury duty pay, retirement plan. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed, forms are accurate and administered in a timely manner. (5%)
5. Complete appropriate paperwork for new hires, terms, payroll action forms and changes daily to keep payroll informed of all new hires, transfers, terminations, job changes, raises and other changes in a timely, accurate manner. (10%)
6. Assist with Orientation: (5%)
m Overview of benefits to new associates.
m Provide overview of IHR Handbook with complete knowledge of
Fair Treatment Policy, Progressive Discipline, Rules and
Regulations and Gross Misconduct.
7. Notify all manager of monthly reviews, prepare payroll action forms and track all completed reviews to ensure reviews are given in a timely manner. (5%)
8. Administer OSHA, Workers Compensation, and Unemployment Claims responsibilities for hotel. Keep HRD abreast of claims requiring management attention and assist in the communication with insurance company and medical care provider. (5%)
9. Assist with reception duties: greeting concerned associates and directing to appropriate manager if necessary. (5%)
10. Assist in the production of Employee newsletter. (5%)
11. Maintain associate's files and ensure that filing is done at the end of each week. (5%)
12. Assist with the Associate Awards & Recognition Programs and with Associate Employee Relations Events. (5%)
13. Ensure complete compliance of the Immigration Reform and Control Act for all employees. (2%)
14. Conduct exit interviews and track trends. (2%)
15. Keep employee bulletin boards current, post memos, pictures of employee events, loss prevention materials. (2%)
16. Inventory office and benefit supplies on a regular basis, complete purchase orders needed to purchase supplies and maintain needed inventory. (2%)
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: Associates or Bachelors Degree in HRM or related field or equivalent education. Experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year Hotel or Human Resource related work experience.
Highgate Hotels - 4 months ago