The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA), a professional labor union representing the interests of more than 110,000 public educators and education support professionals, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of HR Coordinator. This position is located at MTA headquarters on Beacon Hill.
The HR Coordinator plays a key role in all aspects of the MTA’s human resources programs, including recruitment and orientation, benefit and payroll administration, employee relations and training, compliance, data coordination, implementation of special projects, in addition to providing administrative support to the division director.
Essential qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in the delivery of human resources programs and services;
- Strong organizational, project and office management skills, including the ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities;
- Working knowledge of benefit programs, including health, dental, 401(k), flexible spending, EAPs, COBRA, etc.
- Proficiency with office and HRIS software (Word, Excel, ADP, etc.), and exposure to payroll systems and processes;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
The ideal candidate will possess superior communication skills, have a minimum of three years of on-the-job experience in a confidential human resources assistant / coordinator capacity, and have a strong commitment to advancing the interests of public education.
This is a union staff position with an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package. Application deadline is December 13, 2013.
MTA Human Resources
20 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108