Mendocino Forest Products Company, LLC is searching for a qualified HR Coordinator to work from our office in Northern California (Calpella). This position assists and coordinates a variety of human resources activities including temporary employee contracting, leave of absences, compliance and benefits administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates non-exempt temporary employment process including job requisitions, position description development, employment offer, interviews, pre-employment requirements, file building and maintenance, processing billings;
- Administers leave of absence process: Prepares leave of absence paperwork in compliance with Federal and State leave of absence laws as well as Company policy; communicates regularly with employee, supervisor, Payroll and Corporate Human Resources; tracks and processes bi-weekly benefit premiums; and calendars and follows up on leaves and returns from leave in a timely manner;
- Coordinates separation process - Calendars Payroll and Corporate Human Resources in preparation for final check and COBRA notification, ensures employee’s time is submitted to Payroll, and prepares separation paperwork and forwards to supervisor;
- Maintains human resources records as required by law or Company practice including status changes, separation paperwork, Employment Development Department notices, safety training records, and attendance records;
- Ensures compliance with Company record retention standards, mandatory employer postings, and Company bulletin board policy;
- Conducts annual audit of I-9 forms at the business unit level;
- Greets visitors/applicants as first point of contact;
- Builds new hire orientation packages;
- Runs and distributes/collects weekly timesheets for Operations or as directed;
- Maintains and updates training records;
- Participates in special projects as directed.
The qualified candidate must has an Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with HR emphasis; or minimum of two years related HR experience and/or training in; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR certification is a decided plus. To perform this position successfully, the candidate should also have knowledge of Excel, Word, Access, Internet software and Outlook.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest along with a current resume including salary history.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, vacation, paid holidays, and additional ancillary benefits.
MENDOCINO FOREST PRODUCTS COMPANY, LLC DOES NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED RESUMES / APPLICATIONS and IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / ADA / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.