Provides administrative support to the Human Resource Manager on all personnel matters.
The HR Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Manager in Michaels Distribution Center regarding all personnel matters while demonstrating world class customer service. By partnering with the Human Resources department, this position is responsible for timely and accurate collection and processing of attendance for payroll processing for the entire DC. The HR Coordinator is the first point of contact in the HR Department for associates and therefore demonstrates superb customer service, organization, and promptness. The HR Coordinator joins with the HR Department in creating, and maintaining, a friendly and supportive environment for associates.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for all the time and attendance tracking and processing for the DC. The Coordinator manages the gathering, input, and verification in a timely manner for payroll processing
- Performs customer service functions including, but not limited to; answering and/or following up on associate requests and questions.
- The HR Coordinator manages the verification, inputting, and processing of all new hire paperwork, termination paperwork, and changes to the position/status of associates. The Coordinator ensures that all such paperwork, including disciplinary actions (NNI’s), are accurately and completely processed by all parties involved and filed correctly upon completion.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and keeps records current.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years in Human Resources, with a concentration in payroll.
- Experience with an HRIS a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organized and detail oriented is required.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- College Degree preferred
Michaels - 10 months ago
Michaels Stores is crafty. The nation's #1 arts and crafts retailer owns and operates about 1,075 Michaels Stores across the US and...