The HR Coordinator is responsible for the consistent administration and coordination of Human Resource systems and services to support Human Resource Consultants. Supports and collaborates with others on the HR team to support policies, procedures, plans and programs of the Human Resources function.
Support the HR Consultants in using the Recruiting Solutions (RS) application
Support the HR Consultants with completion of appropriate documentation:
- Create RS job offers/prepare for hire
- Set up interviews
- Submit paperwork to request background check and drug screen
- Ensure background checks/drug testing completed timely
- Maintenance of hard copy type materials for recruiting (interview guides, background check signed forms, DOT forms, ID form)
Support the HR Consultants with general HR related items:
- Complete HR Action Form (HRAF) for new hires, rehires, mass changes, reorganizations and share new hire Employee ID to Hiring Mgr/HRC
- Complete HRAF for any promotion/demotion/job change
- Complete HRAF for Business Unit movement
- Complete job code form
- Complete position creation form
- Request new bargaining unit job openings and keep process on track
Assist with employee file retrieval
- Assist with investigation of vacation reconciliation/outstanding vacation balance issues
- Assist with investigation of human resource, payroll, benefit, time keeping systems, etc. issues
- Ensure PeopleSoft security tree is updated
- Ensure proper records management maintenance
Job is mostly in an office environment. Minimal travel required to participate on project teams and to meet with various HR professionals throughout the other operating companies. Motor Vehicle Record Check required.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in Human Resources functions and its policies and procedures.
- Competent user of computer technology - Microsoft Office desktop tools and electronic communications such as e-mail, calendars, etc.
- PeopleSoft HR experience preferred.
- Excellent call handling skills with effective follow-through to address HR Consultant inquiries/requests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - keeping others informed on initiatives and issues.
- Results oriented and possess good problem solving skills.
- Excellent teaming and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to function in a team environment and collaborate within and across organizational lines.
- Ability to manage daily responsibilities in a changing environment, in a professional, responsive manner.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
- Ability to manage and execute tasks with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Seeks assistance as needed.
- Demonstration of ability to be an effective listener and observer possessing the ability to transfer knowledge to others on the Human Resources team to ensure appropriate action.
- Works with a sense of urgency, responsiveness and willingness to go the extra mile to meet customer needs.
- Ability to gain an understanding of organization's business goals.
- Ability to apply that knowledge to daily activities.
- Shows openness to the needs and concerns of others
NiSource Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
NiSource is the main energy source for resourceful Americans living in the Midwest, the South, and New England. The company's utility...