PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE. PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).
For more information, visit www.ppg.com .
Incumbent will work with Zone HR Managers to provide Architectural HR support in recruitment, employee relations, organizational change and talent management as well as administrative support for HR A/P, and HR recordkeeping.
Expectations for this role include:
2-4 years of HR customer service experience. Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access are required. Must have a demonstrated ability to appropriately handle sensitive/confidential information, maintain composure under pressure and work without close supervision.
- Employment - Assist with new hire process by creating offer letters and tracking pre-employment screening information, and maintain accurate records when creating new personnel files. Also, process new hire paperwork by coding payroll info and sending to Corporate. As requested by the zone HR Manager, schedule interviews, book flights and hotels, and coordinate travel.
- Employee Changes - Process all employment status changes for new hires and existing employees. Ensure all data in Oracle is maintained to the highest integrity.
- Unemployment - work with 3rd party to provide timely processing of unemployment documentation.
- Random Drug Screens - Manage random drug screen process for pool of 600 employees. Accountability for the administration of all random drug screen paperwork and follow up, consulting with the Zone HR Manager as necessary.
- Vacation -Track vacation for store managers in respective zone.
- Request and track the completion of both 90 day probationary evaluations. Ensure signed paper copies are also placed in personnel files for 90 day evaluations.
- Reporting - Completes both ad-hoc and monthly reporting for the HR department including turnover, HR metrics, headcount, hours worked, SOX audit, etc.
- Communications - Writes and distributes typical office communications to employees including major promotion announcements, event information, etc.
- Accounts Payable - Reconcile monthly invoices and purchasing card.
- Projects/Programs -Special projects as assigned by HR Management.
- Other - Maintain personnel files and correct Oracle data integrity information for all locations; provide administrative support as required to Zone HR Manager.
Success Factors-Prime Success Factors (focus on results, drive change, promote teamwork, build trust & respect, and understand market & customer perspective) plus the following:
- Plan and Organize
- Attend to Detail
- Communicate and Share Information
- Take Responsibility
- Demonstrate Openness and Flexibility
- Learn Continuously
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check. Pre-employment testing also required. Candidates will only be considered from the Pittsburgh area.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries - 20 months ago
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...