Coordinates all employment/personnel activities according to company policies as directed.
1. Receives and reads work order from field supervisor/project manager, searches employee files and applications in order to identify appropriate candidates for the job.
2. Conducts screening interviews for potential employees to fill vacant positions.
3. Checks backgrounds and references ad evaluates the applicant’s qualifications.
4. Arranges preliminary medical testing and drug screens of newly hired employees and maintains that information in confidential file.
5. Sends the employee to work site once all initial testing and hiring procedures have been completed.
6. Compiles personnel records and reports data on employees such as address, phone, absences, vacation, transfers, promotions and terminations. Responsible for pulling, sorting and filing these records as needed.
7. Maintains potential employee database by entering applications on computer utilizing AS400, Viewpoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
8. Utilizes effective verbal communication since majority of work is done via telephone. Effective written communication skills are needed for reports and record keeping.
9. Coordinates company meetings, social functions, training sessions, etc. This includes location, menu, rooms, etc.
10. Writes and sends protest letter on unemployment claims per request from unemployment office.
11. Writes employment ads and submits to newspaper.
12. Utilizes AS400, Viewpoint, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word for computer entry.
13. Assist other managers with various project needs: copying, filing, data entry etc.
14. Loads paper, replaces cartridges in office equipment.
15. Transports office supplies from storage area to work area.
1. Must be able to Multi-Task.
2. Must be proficient in record keeping.
3. Previous hiring experience (Hiring Craftsman for the Industrial Construction Industry).
4. Experience in completely new hire packets: ie I-9's, W-4s, Back Grounds Checks, and Setting Up Pre-Employment Drug Screens.
5. Pass drug screen.
Pala Group, L.L.C - 20 months ago
Pala is dedicated to providing the highest standards in construction services for leading energy, process, and manufacturing firms in the...