Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. As we have expanded our expertise and service offerings, Panther has grown to include all types of ground, air, and ocean freight service. For more information about Panther visit www.pantherexpedite.com .
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
POSITION: Human Resources Coordinator
LOCATION: Seville, OH
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Generalist
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The Human Resources Coordinator provides day-to-day administrative support to the HR Manager and the HR Generalist with some responsibilities to the entire Executive Management Team. The HR Coordinator is expected to work independently in the completion of assigned tasks and is expected to exercise considerable judgment working within the scope of his/her authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
- Serve as a front-line, HR and executive point of contact for company associates, temp-to-hire employees, and visitors.
- Provide and collect HR and Payroll forms to and from associates.
- Generate manual payroll and other checks.
- Distribute payroll.
- File EEO-1 and VETS 100A annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Maintain HR and corporate records in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Manage benefits enrollments, terminations, changes, and claims.
- Coordinate 401(k), health, life, and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
- Assist in benefit renewals and enrollments including 401(k).
- Maintain timekeeping for management team members.
- Plan, schedule, and administer a variety of selection tests, including coordination of a variety of processes related to employment including reference, background, drug screen, or driver’s licenses tests.
- Conduct new employee orientation meetings.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employee or job applicants.
- Process COBRA-related forms and information.
- Distribute and process FMLA paperwork. Update FMLA tracking sheet and timekeeping system accordingly.
- Coordinate employee 30, 60, 90, and annual review process and maintains tracking spreadsheet.
- Manage state unemployment claims.
- Maintain unemployment and state income tax records.
- Represent Human Resources at meetings as assigned.
- Respond to verification of employment inquiries.
- Periodically audits benefits enrollments, terminations, and changes against provider billing statements.
- Manage Panther wear clothing ordering, catalog management, and bill approval.
- Process vision and tuition reimbursement requests while maintaining reimbursement spreadsheets.
- Compose correspondence and other written materials.
- Update and maintain departmental reports; Headcount for P&L’s, Scheduled vs. Actual, and Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Turnover.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Executive team as required.
- Sort and distribute corporate mail and incoming faxes.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for members of the executive team.
- Conduct research and completes special projects as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of HR and Executive records.
- Coordinate arrangements for occasional company and executive events; Akron Heart Walk, Biggest Loser Contest, Cedar Point, Bowling, Bring Your Kid(s) to Work Day, Lake Erie Monsters, Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Browns, Employee Appreciation Day, Daffodil Days, Flu Shots, National Walking Day, National Wear Red Day, Walking Challenge.
- Assist with the coordination of company health fair.
- Coordinate American Red Cross blood drive four times per year.
- Responsible for the professional appearance of the executive area as well as other associated duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- One year of Human Resources or Administrative Assistant experience.
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
- Strong team player with leadership qualities.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations affective the operation of personnel programs.
- Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Panther Expedited Services - 7 months ago
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of Premium Logistics® services including ground, air, ocean, and...