RNN is a privately owned enterprise based in Rye Brook, NY. In 1993 the current ownership purchased a single broadcast station in New York's Hudson Valley reaching less than a quarter million homes. Now our independent network reaches more than six million homes throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. We have spent years building an experienced management team and cutting-edge technological infrastructure. We deliver reliability and professionalism to the news and content production businesses and air diverse programming with regional, national and international content partners. The company owns and operates WRNN-TV, a full-power television station in the New York DMA, and RISE Television. RISE is a cable network distributed on Time Warner, Verizon FiOS and over the air on WRNN-TV DT2. RNN owns, operates, produces or master controls nine channels from its facilities in Rye Brook. RNN and its affiliates produce two 24-hour news channels in the New York DMA and two content channels in the Washington D.C. region for its partners. RNN recently built a new state-of-the-art multi-platform content hub based around the philosophy of finding efficiencies by producing content in a centralized model with the latest technology. It is a scalable and dynamic facility.
RNN employs more than 200 award-winning journalists and multi-platform producers, reporters and editors, and supplemental video resources from regional, national, and international news partners and continues to recruit highly skilled and highly engage staff to further its mission.
RNN is growing and we have a great opportunity for a creative solution oriented HR professional who is willing to roll up their sleeves and handle the day-to-day tactical benefits/payroll responsibilities but also wants to get involved in the planning, developing and rolling out company strategic initiatives.
- Own the execution and communication of benefits and initiatives (open enrollment, new hire orientation, etc.)
- Ensure the accurate input of all enrollment data and changes - HRIS, ADP and carrier systems
- Prepare management reports as required – HRA/COBRA/PTO/Benefits
- Manage and schedule employee benefits enrollment and insurance premium payment processing
- 401k Administrator – enroll new hires, term employees and complete annual/bi-annual 401 k compliance testing, set up quarterly training, prepare 5500
- Administer and maintain the HRA and FSA by reconciling bi-weekly
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws, including by not limited to COBRA, HIPPA and FMLA
- Complete annual Flexible Spending test
- Respond to employee questions regarding benefits and payroll. Provide service to employees regarding their benefits – help to resolve any concerns
- Manage leaves of absence (short term and long term) claims
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurance carriers, third-party administrators, brokers etc.
- Review and reconcile insurance billing, and other invoices as necessary for accuracy.
- Report all work related injuries to the worker’s compensation carrier, process claims & complete the annual report
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 130+ employees
- Manage PTO,STD, LTD, FMLA reporting etc.
- Participates in special projects such as health fair, holiday party, flu shots, blood drives, summer event, volunteer activities
- Complete the off boarding process for terminating employees – benefits, COBRA
- Proficient in office productivity tools (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Superior Excel skills
- Positive approach and pro-active working style
- The ability to juggle a wide variety of tasks, work independently with minimum direction
- A high degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality, safeguard employee information, and handle documents with sensitivity and discretion
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify discrepancies and inefficiencies and recommend improvements
- Strong detail orientation, writing, editing, and proofreading skills to create documents and complete assignments accurately
- High level of drive to inspire and lead others to meet deadlines and targeted results
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Effective time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree. 2-4 years of human resources experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in administering employee benefits – medical, dental, vision, Life, STD, LTD, WC, 401K etc.
- Must has recent experience processing payoll with ADP
- Experience Silk Roads (HRIS) is a plus
- Experience in the Media/Entertainment space is a plus