The HR Coordinator will report to the Human Resources Manager and provide HR related assistance to all employees in the facility. This position works closely with all employees, the Plant Leadership Team, corporate contacts, and community organizations.
This position is responsible for full life cycle recruitment of both hourly and salaried positions, the temporary workforce, employee orientations, processing new hire paperwork and special projects as assigned by the HR Manager.
This position also provides general support to all managers and employees.
- Presence on the production floor to seek feedback and engage with the workforce on a daily basis
- Maintain compliance of the Human Resource Bulletin Boards to reflect accurate legal information
- Assist in maintaining employee personnel files and medical files
- Draft and post all job postings internal and external
- Draft and place ads in newspaper and on-line; Participate in job fairs
- Tracks status of candidates and follow up with letters
- Create and update job descriptions
- Screen applications, schedule and conduct interviews, conduct reference checks, schedule drug screenings
- Communicate with staff on openings, fills and temps
- Create and conduct new employee orientations
- Coordinate and conduct on-boarding of new associates
- Manage the temporary workforce
- Improve tracking systems
- Coordinate all employee appreciation and recognition activities
- General HR Duties: Post death/birth announcements, order flowers or memorials, manage vending services, miscellaneous requests from Plant Manager and all other managers
- Track metrics pertaining to headcount, position openings, job postings, positions awarded, and prompt the discussion of labor/training.
- Assist in preparation of new employee files
- Enter new employees into system
- Verify I-9, process new hire paperwork
- Assist/Coordinate other work within the HR department
- Assists with the implementation of services, policies and programs
- Performs customer service by answering employee requests and questions
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field and 2 years of professional HR experience in a manufacturing environment. Internship experience accepted.
- Previous recruitment experience required.
- Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft software: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc
- Ability to relate and communicate well with people
- Operate effectively in stressful situations, must work with a sense of urgency to get tasks complete
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptable to change and good change management skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Ability to perform several different tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and hourly employees
- Customer service oriented with a genuine desire to help others
- Confidentiality must be respected at all times
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Richelieu Foods, Inc. is a $250 million private label and contract packing food company. Our facility in Beaver Dam, WI is a private label frozen pizza manufacturer with over 400 associates.
We offer a great opportunity with a comprehensive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401K with company match and paid time off.