Southwest Energy Solutions (SES), a division of UNS Energy Corporation, has an immediate opening for the position of Human Resource Coordinator at our Springerville location. The Springerville Generating Station operates four coal-fired units north of Springerville - a small town community located near the beautiful White Mountains in northeastern Arizona at an elevation of approximately 7000 feet. This area is noted for its four seasons and year round activities; including hunting, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, mountain biking and more. Presenting an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy living in a small-town environment, yet within 30 minutes of Sunrise Ski Resort and 3-4 hours from Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque.
In this role of HR Coordinator you will be responsible for the hiring process, including internal and external, administering of employee benefits, maintaining employee files and assisting Supervisors regarding employee issues and administrative duties as assigned.
SES is looking for a person that has 1 to 2 years experience in Human Resources, preferably in a Union setting.
We offer a complete benefits package including 401K plan with Company match, a Company sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance and much more!!
Please visit our website at www.swenergysolutions.com to apply for this position. Position description is attached.
Administer and coordinate the Classified Hiring/Bidding Process for core and subsidiary positions. Perform various administrative tasks including but not limited serving as back-up for administering HR/LR programs such as the Company’s Educational Assistance Program, maintain electronic and physical files and records, and may also complete special projects as assigned.
Essential Functions: (As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.)
This includes but is not limited to: assisting the bidding supervisor/department with compiling relevant, appropriate interview and testing materials, and coordinating the hiring/bidding process; screening applications, applicable communications with applicants selected and rejected, Prepare and extend job offers; prepare and/or authorize appropriate paperwork. Maintain all relevant documentation in compliance with Labor Agreement, Company policies and applicable law. Foster successful working relationships with all levels of Company management to facilitate an effective hiring process.
- Administer and manage the Classified Hiring/Bidding Process:
- Performs benefits administration, for both salaried and hourly employees, to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees, in the following areas: medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability insurance, and investments and savings plans.
- Maintain employee benefit and personnel files.
- Complete and track Worker’s Comp first injury reports and file claims. Maintain Workers Comp files as required and update OSHA log as appropriate.
- Schedule and maintain drug screens according to policy including pre-employment, post accident, randoms and DOT/CDL requirements.
- Oversee maintenance of EEOC Activity Log, Applicant Flow Log, and SES and EEOC Labor Files.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor of Arts degree, and at least 2 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations, such as NLRA, FLSA, EEO, ERISA, affirmative action, etc. required.
- Must have basic working knowledge of the various collective bargaining agreements in regards to wages, benefits, and general working conditions and other requirements appropriate to position responsibilities and must know when to refer questions to others as needed.
- Proficiency in use of personal computer applications, including spreadsheet, word processing, relational database (PeopleSoft preferred), and presentation software. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups across functional lines with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and to guard confidential information appropriately. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
Job Competencies: (as more fully described in the Performance Management Reference Manual)
Dealing with Ambiguity
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.
UniSource Energy Corporation - 15 months ago