Provide project management and administrative support to the Human Resources Department, management team and employees for Human Resources programs and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage multiple HR projects as required in support of all HR processes, including but not limited to Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, Staffing, Onboarding, Training & Development, and HR Compliance.
Ownership of the overall New Hire Onboarding process. Conduct presentations related to the general company overview, various benefits plans and miscellaneous HR items to new employees. Responsible for the maintenance/updating of these decks. Coordinate with managers, VPs and cross functional departments in fulfillment of pre-hire requirements and training.
Serve as the general point-of-contact for HR-related issues, concerns and questions from new and existing employees, escalating these issues to senior HR team members as needed.
4. Manage the benefits administration processes for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans. Manually enroll/remove employees from any and all applicable plans as they are hired/terminated. Respond to benefit inquiries regarding plan provisions, enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries, escalating issues as needed to Spartas benefits broker and/or insurance carrier account managers
5. Conduct various New Hire/HR procedures such as background checks, employment verifications, form I9 verifications, placing business card orders.
6. Lead annual Open Enrollment processes. Work closely with Sparta Benefits Consultant and Carrier Account Managers in the distribution of communications, plan rate changes, potential carrier changes, enrollment/cancellation/modification instructions and training for all employees. Actively enroll/cancel/modify coverage for all eligible employees,consulting with Payroll throughout the process to remain in sync on all changes.
7. Administer various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain Employee Handbook and Benefits Handbook.
8. Maintain the HR Hub of company-wide Intranet. Maintain the master organizational chart as employees are hired, terminated or transferred.
9. Assist in the creation and distribution of Bonus/Incentive Compensation Plan documents and worksheets. Track retrieval of signed documents, following up as needed.
10. Manage the annual compilation and submission of global compensation data to selected survey vendors; gather and analyze the market data made available from these sources.
11. Run reports from HRIS Employee Database (ADP) as requested.
12. Assist in the maintenance of Affirmative Action Program; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
13. Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
14. Assist in Spartas Recruitment initiative - source resumes, coordinate with staffing agencies, schedule and conduct phone screenings and on-site interviews. Perform candidate reference checks as needed.
15. Support the annual and monthly budget/forecast processes.
16. Prepare and maintain employee files. File documents into appropriate employee files, both paper-based and electronic.
17. Provide administrative support to the VP, Human Resources and VP, Product Management including, but not limited to: scheduling and calendar management, booking travel, creating expense reports on monthly basis.
18. Provide direction and support to Sparta receptionist; participate in weekly lunch rotation.
19. Other duties as required.
1. 5 to 10 years experience in an adminisrtrative and/or project support role.
2. 3 to 5 years Human Resources experience preferred.
3. High School diploma or Business School certificate required;some college helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
3. Comfortable working in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
4. Able to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
5. Demonstrated history of successful project management.
6. Proven ability to appropriately handle and protect highly confidential information.
7. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
Sparta Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.