It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios is seeking a forward thinking, motivated, HR Coordinator who is interested in gaining invaluable business experience and the opportunity to hone their administrative skills by supporting the VP, Human Resources and the HR Business Partner team supporting The Walt Disney Studios. The ideal candidate will possess a polished, proactive, resourceful and flexible demeanor, and successfully manage this role by applying critical thinking skills and developing strong partnerships throughout the organization.
• Provide high caliber general administrative support to the VP, Human Resources (answer phones, schedule meetings/conference rooms, organize files, make travel arrangements, process expense reports, order supplies and process invoices, respond to inquiries, etc.);
• Fully participate in managing the workflow of the office in a timely and effective manner (ownership of projects, basic research for ad hoc projects, budget oversight, reports, headcount management, staff communication and other critical HR projects and processes);
• Successfully and tactfully manage the calendar and time (proactively manage calendar; anticipate issues and resolve promptly; identify applicable materials/files for meetings);
• Proactively analyze, make recommendations and resolve office administrative and procedural challenges;
• Utilizing relevant technologies, develop and maintain a highly effective and efficient follow up system;
• Set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction;
• Maintain accurate and timely department lists (email, office phone, cell etc);
• Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents;
• Create a positive environment for all who interact with the office and team;
• Other miscellaneous duties and projects assigned, as needed.
• Work with HR Business partner team to creatively solve problems and assist clients with requests, workflow, and HR questions
• Demonstrated experience supporting an executive office as a highly collaborative and well integrated partner;
• Previous administrative support experience working with senior level executives (Disney experience a plus);
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work exceptionally well with executives, staff, external associates at all levels, and as part of a larger departmental team;
• Ability to manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative;
• Highly skilled in meeting deadlines, prioritizing work and driving quality results;
• Approaches work with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, and strong follow-up skills;
• Ability to make decisions when there is a lack of information and the ability to change course of action quickly;
• Maintains a positive, professional demeanor under pressure and is resourceful and flexible;
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written;
• Approaches work with a strong sense of purpose, competence, authority and compassion;
• Regularly applies critical thinking to understanding and resolving issues;
• Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP;
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule. Some overtime required.
• Previous experience in Human Resources
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures
Disney - 18 months ago