Primary Purpose & Summary :
Performs various highly complex administrative and tactical duties where considerable judgment and initiative is required in resolving human resources related tasks. Reports to the HR Director in Baltimore, Maryland and regularly interacts with employees in a power energy business. Also teams with HR Corporate Office in Austin, Texas on HR projects.
· Performs all HR and benefits transactional processes in various systems. Transactions include personnel changes, job changes, organization changes, compensation changes, qualifying event changes for benefits. Maintains associated paper files and records.
· Tracks and administers FMLA absences. Ensures all appropriate documents are executed and coordinates coding for timekeeping and payroll records .
· Coordinates recruiting activities, which includes posting jobs, tracking candidates, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, generating offer packages, initiating pre-employment contingencies including background checks and reference checks .
· Conducts pre-employment testing for nonexempt positions .
· Prepares onboarding packets for new hires, facilitates hiring/orientation process and conducts the new hire orientation sessions .
· Processes educational assistance forms and coordinates reimbursement of expenses to employees .
· Coordinates responses to employee questions regarding Employee Handbook policies, HR processes and programs .
· Creates and maintains all personnel and benefits files, and related confidential records .
· Coordinates annual open enrollment for benefits and assists with benefits-related questions from employees .
· Enters, maintains, and audits transactions in HRIS system and ensures ongoing data integrity .
· Produces HRIS reports and metrics .
· Must be highly proficient with HRIS systems and office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint. Visio organization charting is a plus .
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex assignments, set priorities and deliver results with high quality .
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written .
· Strong problem solving and follow-up skills .
· Solid team player and able to work independently .
· Must be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment .
Education & Experience Required :
· AA degree and a minimum of 3 years HR experience, or equivalent combination of the two .
· 2-3 years of experience with HRIS, timekeeping and payroll systems and processes .
· Knowledge of basic labor law and prior experience with administering HR policies and programs .
Licenses/Certifications Required :
· Possesion of a valid driver's license.