Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
1. Client Liaison/Communication
- Coordinate, plan and participate in new associate orientation
- Complete new hire paperwork
- Liaison between HRM and client to ensure human resources policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to
- Respond to ad hoc questions/inquiries and direct as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to assigned HRMs/HRDs with Associate changes (TAMS), exit process, mass changes, etc.
3. Great Places To Work (GPTW)/Celebrate Us
- Ensure employee HR files are in compliance and up-to-date for assigned location
- Record, process and maintain employee records related to I-9, incident claim forms, etc. from start to finish
- Track and ensure all up-to-date compliance postings are placed in a designated area within established timeframes
- Respond to requests for documents from associate files
- Support and communicate GPTW initiatives
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in the company sponsored events (Celebrate US Committee and events, Profit Sharing, team building, etc.)
- Drafting communications
- A minimum of 1- 2 years of relevant work experience. HR experience is a plus.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong customer service orientation (i.e. listening, proactive, willingness to help).
- Ability to adapt to changing policies, procedures, priorities and/or work environments
- Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects/tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good organizational skills
- Integrity and confidentiality are critical to success
- Must be detail-oriented, self starting and able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with people in course of work
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to motivate and empower others to reach organizational goals
Headquartered in Livonia, Michigan with approximately 6,400 associates in 28 states and eight countries, Valassis is widely recognized for its associate and corporate citizenship programs, including its America’s Looking for Its Missing Children® program. Valassis subsidiaries include Brand.net, a Valassis Digital Company, and NCH Marketing Services, Inc. Valassis consumer brands include RedPlum®. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V and are committed to building a diverse work force. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Valassis Communications, Inc. (Valassis) is a media and marketing services company, offering reach and scale to more than 15,000...