The HR Coordinator will provide professional level human resources services across divisions or business units within the organization. The position reports into the Human Resources Department located at Corporate Headquarters in downtown Minneapolis. The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service and problem solving abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responds to questions and concerns from employees that are complex in nature in regard to human resources programs and services
- Administers existing human resources programs within established program guidelines; receives general direction from management or corporate representatives regarding difficult to complex situations.
- Prepares and completes materials for employee new hire, orientation and training programs, as well as on-going employment activities; ensures that appropriate documentation is prepared so that employee changes can be processed.
- Provides intermediate guidance on employee benefit programs, including but not limited to, life, health, and disability insurance, medical/dependent care spending accounts, COBRA, income continuance, and other paid time off as well as retirement and pension plans.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- May answer questions about various benefits-related mailings and communications.
- May perform basic research projects regarding potential compensation and benefits programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Four years of professional human resources experience
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Collaborative working style
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Provides intermediate human resources support
- Administers benefit programs and operations
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge of organization benefit programs
- Comply with department policies and procedures
- Responds to complex employee questions and concerns
- Analyze and research functional and department information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications
- Effectively communicate with co-workers to provide and receive direction
The Valspar Corporation is one of the largest global manufacturers and distributors of paints and coatings in the $100 billion coatings...