HR Director (Dairy)
The Director, Human Resources will provide strong and effective leadership, direction, and professional expertise in all areas of human resources management including talent management, leadership development, organizational development, employment and labor relations, legal compliance, compensation and benefits, succession planning, and recruiting. The Director will provide human resources leadership as a strong business partner within the business unit, and will clearly define programs and policies that can leverage human resources management in the achievement of business unit plans and goals. In addition, the Director will have a functional reporting relationship with the divisional Vice President, Human Resources, and will proactively support and implement divisional plans and programs as appropriate.
Specific responsibilities are inclusive of the following:
• Provide strong human resources leadership to the Dairy Systems & Flavours business unit through the development and implementation of a responsive, integrated human resources program that is in alignment with business goals and objectives across all functions and facilities.
• Assume proactive leadership and direction of all human resources policies and programs inclusive of talent management, leadership development, organizational development, employment and labor relations, legal compliances, compensation and benefits, succession planning, and recruiting.
• Consult and interact with the Vice President, Human Resources of the larger division to ensure that all such policies and programs are in alignment with divisional and corporate policies, programs, and goals.
• Assume a consultative relationship with the President and other key executives of the business unit at the headquarters locations and other sites and geographies to provide proactive and enlightened support to the business through all appropriate human resources initiatives and programs.
• Lead the development and implementation of relevant, state-of-the-art human resources policies and programs.
• Recommend human resources plans and programs that will assist the business unit in the achievement of all targets and goals as determined by the President.
• Implement compensation and benefits programs that will increase productivity across the business unit, are consistent with maintenance of employee motivation, and in compliance with corporate policies.
• Review and update talent management, leadership, and organizational development programs, as appropriate across the business unit.
• Review and update all other programs, including recruiting and succession planning, to support the goals of the business unit.
• Manage all labor relations issues, and proactively manage labor negotiations in unionized facilities as appropriate and in a manner consistent with divisional policies and procedures.
• Supervise, mentor, and provide continuous training and support for all human resources associates within the organizations, including the plant level.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the business unit, inclusive of manufacturing locations.
• Ensure that all human resources plans, programs, and policies are established and managed in a manner that is compliant and complementary with corporate policies and programs of the divisional and parent organizations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of broad-based human resources experience in food, food ingredients, or a related industry with increasingly significant levels of responsibility involving interaction with senior business unit management executives, and involvement with major decisions affecting the overall business.
Professional expertise in leading the development and implementation of effective programs across all key and traditional areas of human resources management, including organizational development, compensation and benefits, training and development, as well as recruiting, is required for this position.
First hand experience in labor relations, including negotiation with union representatives, would be considered an important asset. Experience in business environments characterized by growth and change would be considered to be of significant value.
This individual must be able to define human resources strategy and program development as a member of a management team, while also addressing the hands-on tactical needs at all levels of the business unit, including manufacturing facilities. Serving as an advisor and counselor to the management group on key human resources issues is considered an important qualification. The Director must be experienced in positioning this key role and the human resources function as a strategic business partner with key executives across the business unit. While the Director will be adept at the formulation of effective programs, he/she will also have demonstrated common sense, maturity, and sound judgment in addressing business issues.
The Director, Human Resources will be described as a proactive, hands-on manager skilled in functioning in a fast paced, team oriented business environment dedicated to the achievement of business goals. This person must have the well developed interpersonal skills necessary to function across all levels of the business unit, as well as divisional management structure.
An undergraduate degree is required for this position and an MBA or equivalent would be considered a strong asset.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to (Sam) sberi at nwexs dot com. You may also call my cell at 248.890.6231 or text me any time until midnight PST (weekends are okay as well) if you have any questions. Feel free to also send me an invitation to connect on LinkedIn.
Feel free to visit our website for other open positions. We try and keep them current. If it is posted, it is still active.
Nationwide Technical & Executive Search, Inc.
Nationwide Technical & Executive Search, Inc - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Nationwide Technical & Executive Search, Inc
17199 N. Laurel Park Dr. #408
Livonia, MI 48152