Responsible for all Human Resources activities of the company. Provide strategic HR leadership while being involved in the administration of several HR functions, including employee relations, compensation, compliance and employee benefits. Will be heavily involved in creating and updating policies and procedures, and recommending HR best practices to the management team.
Administers human resource policies, programs and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing.
Duties include formulating policies and procedures for the Human Resource Department and recommending policies and practices to management.
Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
Stays current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitors labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
Prepares, recommends and maintains records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
Administers classification programs, which includes classifying and reclassifying positions and writing job descriptions.
Conducts salary surveys, analyzes compensation, monitors performance evaluation programs, and recommends and implements benefit programs.
Maintains quarterly HR Metrics and responsible for maintaining all personnel files
Develops and manages the Human Resources budget, as well as supervises the Human Resources Department staff
Ensures legal compliance with all employment-related federal, state and local government laws.
Provide leadership and organizational support in fostering a productive culture.
Interfaces directly with Management team on strategic plans and organizational changes to meet operational short-and long-term goals.
Develops and/or coordinates and communicates employee reward and recognition programs.
Other duties/projects as assigned by Dimont & Associates. Ability to travel up to 50%
The following job functions are not all-inclusive.
The Employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
1. Minimum Education required: Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Human
Resources, Business Administration, or related field. SPHR certification highly desired.
2. Minimum Experience required: At least 10+ years of Human Resource Management background with heavy emphasis in Operations, strong technical and analytical skills, and an understanding of work flow process. Have a demonstrated Human Resources knowledge in all Generalist areas. Previous experience managing, and experience working in a small company highly desired.
3. Skills Required:
Strong technical and analytical skills, and an understanding of work flow process.
Possess the self-confidence to thrive in a dynamic, diverse and growing organization. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group settings. Become knowledgeable of the organization to identify problems and opportunities.
Inspire and guide others toward goal achievement. Ability to work effectively with teams, and individually. Show initiative, talking prompt, self directed action to accomplish
objectives. Interviewing techniques – solid understanding of behavioral based
interviewing. Technical/Professional Knowledge – having expertise in employee
relations, regulatory requirements, performance management, behavioral based
hiring practices, and ability to motivate and influence others is a material
part of the job requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Must be self motivated and directed, and able
to handle multiple tasks.
responsibility and authority:
1. Equipment: Computer; Internet; Phone; Microsoft Office Suite; Fax; HR Online system; PAYCHEX. Financial: Accuracy in work integral to enable greatest customer satisfaction and avoiding litigation.
2. Internal and External Business Contacts: Dimont leadership and staff; Vendors; Client companies; On-site partners if applicable.
3. Supervisory: Manages HR staff both in Texas and San Diego. Supervises Recruiting, Human Resources Admin, and all aspects of HR Dept. Operates with
high-level of autonomy.
Dimont & Associates - 19 months ago
Dimont & Associates has remained a leader for insurance claims processing for over 16 years. Founded by attorney, Bernie Dimont, we are...