Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000 employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources for the Residential business, this role will support HR activities including: Serve as the key HR business partner to a subset(s) of the DE Residential Business, assess organizational needs and capabilities; organizational structure review, manage projects as needed for M&A activity, and facilitate organizational change. The Human Resources Director will forge strong relationships across the organization.
The successful individual will already be well versed and experienced in leading HR practices and will have the confidence and skills to deliver these programs and services to the company. This individual will work in a team environment to enhance the organization’s HR delivery with a focus on open communication, and providing positive solutions to difficult problems facing the business as it continues to grow.
General HR Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Mergers & Acquisitions Activity (including but not limited to):
- Analyzes business plans & trends and creates people plans in accordance with needs
- Counsels management and develops problem solving strategies to address employee relations issues and ensures support is consistent with established policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Drives a performance culture while effectively engaging employee population
- Explains to business leaders and employees company and governmental rules, regulations, procedures and need for compliance; seeks creative ways to meet business needs while maintaining fully compliant culture
- Assists in investigation and resolution of employee grievances and coordinates responding to complaints
- Interprets, explains and monitors compliance with Human Resources' policies, procedures and practices at all facilities
- Focus on talent development and succession planning
- Performs other related duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost-conscious manner, complying with all company policies and practices
- Manage, deliver and implement change management initiatives as appropriate across the client group
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Counsels management and develops problem solving strategies to address M&A and individual employee relations issues and ensures support is consistent with established policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Properly assesses significance of existing cultural differences as to their impact on M&A success and recommends integration plans that appropriately standardize
- Coordinates M&A activity for DER and as needed
- Ensures successful communication and adoption of Company and governmental rules, regulations, procedures and need for compliance
- Assists in resolution of employee issues relating to M&A or other as needed
- Interprets, explains and monitors compliance with Human Resources' policies, procedures and practices at all facilities and across all acquisitions
- Advises M&A teams on policy, procedure and practice interpretation and compliance
- Performs other related duties as assigned in an efficient, effective and cost- conscious manner, to include compensation & benefits analyses, employment agreement reviews, and key KFI elements
- Looks across DER as acquisitions are made to assess total human capital and utilizes talent assessment tools and develops and utilizes talent development tools to ensure DER has sufficient human capital to meet or exceed business plans, while ensuring that employees view DER as a great place to work
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field, MBA preferred
- 10-15 years progressive Human Resources experience
- Knowledge of US employment, labor laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of Canadian employment law preferred
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Track record of accomplishments and results in a large, matrixed, organization
- Strong financial and business acumen, an understanding of the needs of the business and the ability to link policies and programs to the business objectives
- Strategic capability, proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Communication skills, both oral and written, and Change Management capability
- Collaborative style, ability to mediate disputes as well as provide ongoing coaching and counsel to all employees
- Strong technical skills, such as Microsoft suite, especially Excel
- Experience in recruiting, employee relations and compensation desired
Direct Energy - 2 years ago
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...