he Human Resources Generalist position exists to assist the Human Resources Manager in insuring that CMC is employing the human resource management practices that best supports its business strategy by providing human resource business partner services to assigned business units. The Human Resources Generalist assists the assigned location(s) in deploying CMC human resource management practices and policies that support the strategies and HR requirements of the business while also being the initial point of contact for employee relations issues. The role requires the incumbent to properly diagnose business unit needs, persuade and influence business unit leaders to adopt the appropriate HR practices, and to communicate and lead the development of business unit solutions within the HR Department and consistent with global HR strategies. This role is to be a business partner and HR consultant to the assigned business unit leaders, managers and employees. This role requires the incumbent to be visible and accessible to local management and employees to understand needs and concerns and provide HR advice and support based on their previous experience and knowledge of CMC HR philosophies. The incumbent provides HR Manager/Director with a pulse of the organization(s) s/he services and informs same of any unusual or significant situations to receive guidance on how to address them. The incumbent looks for opportunities where HR can make a positive contribution to the organization or protect the organization from potential legal actions. The HR Generalist shall have the knowledge, skills and ability to address all areas of HR while possessing basic knowledge of general HR practices, Federal, State, legal and other statutory/regulatory constraints. Must be approachable by all levels of employees, line and senior management and have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Ensures consistent CMC policy implementation throughout assigned business group(s).
- Responsible for local recruiting programs ensuring staffing needs are met in a timely manner. Utilizes temporary agencies as approved by the HR Director.
- Identify training needs and provide recommended solutions to clients.
- Oversees implementation of CMC Americas programs to comply with various governmental regulations dealing with EEO, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA and other related Federal & State laws.
- Investigates and formulates responses to government, legal or internally reported employee relations charges as directed by the HR Manager
- Participates in compensation planning, survey participation and job evaluation processes as requested by the HR Manager.
- Implements performance assessment and employee development planning processes as assigned.
- Responsible for local employee orientations and training to support corporate programs as directed. •Identifies and communicates general issues and concerns to the Manager of Human Resources and participates in development of the proper response to such issues.
Minimum 2 years of experience as a generalist in human resources required or Master’s Degree in related field.
- Knowledgeable in applicable HR policies, laws, & regulations.
- General knowledge of EEO, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, Workers Compensation, DOL and other related Federal & State laws required.
- Uses independent judgment and discretion in prioritizing projects.
- High integrity, excellent communication skills, and ability to work well in a matrix organization.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of employees as a counselor and problem solver.
- Must be a strong team player who can lead and influence through persuasion.
- Must maintain confidentiality in all matters related to position. •Written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish preferred.
At CMC, we firmly believe that our people are the key to our success. Our energetic and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to remain a...