EHS Human Resources Department strategically positions EHS as the New Hampshire “Employer of Choice” by championing the delivery of high performing human resources programs and service excellence across EHS within a dedicated & focused strategic scope.
This blended role of employee relations and recruitment demonstrates consulting skills aligned with HR’s Critical Success Factors (CSF’s): organizational effectiveness, organizational readiness, workforce solution & talent planning, employee relations, recruitment, succession planning, EHS “Development” activities, and HR Generalist support.
Reports to Director of Talent Management performs
variety of Human Resources functions: state and federal employment law administration, compliance, employee relations, performance management, interpretation of hospital policies and practices, project management, training program development and presentation and recruitment. Good understanding of benefit/compensation administration, ability to answer general inquires. Designs implements assigned training programs; HRIS data report analysis, new hire on-boarding, sourcing, and recruitment strategies.
Performs functions as the first point-of-contact for client areas, cross coverage for other Generalists, Business Partners.
- Maintains confidentiality of all customer/hospital information. Maintains a high level of integrity and trust with client base, employees and team members. Ensure EHS has a culture for competitive advantage in terms of attracting and retaining talent.
- Accountable, dependable, reliable and self-directed to complete job/work in collaboration with other employees. Using a variety of “work-smart” techniques, meet deadlines on time, works in collaboration within the human resources department and innovative strategies, identifies business imperatives and strategies, developing solutions that have significant impact on the HR organizations and its clients (both internal and external). Provides a high level of customer service to every HR transaction and encounter. Effectively communicates and resolves all clients with needs and concerns. Collaborates effectively with others to achieve positive work outcomes. Assists in promoting a positive work environment to the HR team to focus on the mission, vision and values of the HR department and Elliot Health System.
- Counsels employees and management staff concerning employee relations. Responsible for investigations and taking appropriate action to bring issues to a reasonable resolution that is consistent with sound employee relations practices and employment law.
- Ensures that the formal disciplinary action process is consistent with EHS guidelines and policy and communicated appropriately and that the rights of all participants are observed. Ensures that managers follow the appropriate HR steps and guidelines.
- Coordinates all activities related to termination of employment including documentation, wage payout, benefit information, security, and all legal requirements.
Is present with manager during actual release of employee. May represent EHS at unemployment claims hearings.
- Recruiting, screening, interviewing internal and external applicants to fill assigned current job vacancies.
Reviews and evaluates applicant’s work history, education, training, and qualifications to meet the job requirements and organizational objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ HR Generalist experience, with a minimum of two (2) years recruitment experience. HR experience must include state and federal employment law, employee relations administration, performance management, recruitment and sourcing, training program development and presentation. Healthcare experience a plus.
PHR or HR certification preferred.
Software/Hardware: Strong PC-based computer skills in all MS and Excel Office applications required.
Elliot Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Elliot Hospital - 4 months ago
Elliot Health System provides medical care to southern New Hampshire. The health care organization operates Elliot Hospital, an acute care...