MDC Shared Services is looking for a full time Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team and be based in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This is a great opportunity to get involved with a fast paced company supporting our core business of events and promotional marketing. The primary focus for this position will be to provide HR Generalist support to various levels of management and employees throughout the organization. In addition, this position will manage day to day, high-volume recruitment activities for full time, part time, and contract positions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels, and maintains the highest degree of confidentiality. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Provide support to the management team and employees on all HR related matters.
- Handle employee relations issues in a professional, confidential, and sound manner as they arise in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance to management, prepare and issue disciplinary actions and performance improvement action plans as required.
- Handle all onboarding and new hire orientation related administrative tasks including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Be knowledgeable of and provide guidance on company policies and procedures.
- Assist in driving the performance review process and ensuring consistency.
- Conduct new hire pulse checks and exit interviews.
- Respond to employees on benefits and payroll related questions.
- Train and become the primary backup for payroll processing, including; bi-weekly and semi-monthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations and benefit changes.
- Assist in running semi-monthly, monthly and ad-hoc reports related to payroll.
- Serve as a liaison between employees and insurance carriers as required. Assist in setting up and terminating benefits for employees.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings as necessary.
- Perform other essential and related duties as required and assigned.
- Handle and assist the team in the daily recruitment efforts.
- Post open positions through various employment channels and emphasize our culture of promoting from within when applicable.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Review employment applications, evaluate work history, and maintain nation-wide resume database.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, employees.
- Conduct initial phone screens of potential interviewees and coordinate first and second round interviews nationwide with management and client personnel.
- Administer background screens and evaluate for compliance with company policy.
- Perform professional reference checks for potential new hires.
- Prepare new hire documents, send to new hires, review upon receipt for onboarding.
- Manage the staffing of new client projects; ensure all paperwork is complete and on file.
- Rewrite job descriptions and assist managers in creating new job descriptions as needed.
TEAM Enterprises - 12 months ago