one of the largest independent pork producers in the U.S., is seeking a Human Resources Generalist and a Sr. Human Resources Generalist to work with the team in Carlyle, IL.
HR Generalist & Sr. HR Generalist
Associate Director of HR
This position is accountable for providing various human resource duties in the areas of talent acquisition, hiring & staffing, on-boarding, employee relations, employment, compensation, benefits, training, policy implementation guidelines, policy compliance, and other special projects. This position will also interpret, execute, and develop policies and practices across the work force to ensure consistent and equitable treatment of employees.
Job Duties & Accountabilities
- Provide support and technical direction to assure that HR is viewed as an excellent source of problem resolution, teamwork support and fairness/diversity.
- Facilitate communication strategies to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and supportive of goals and objectives.
- Provide Human Resource services to support a work environment that maximizes the contributions of employees to meet customer needs.
- Development and application of corporate policy and practice in accordance with Federal and local laws, and industry recognized best business practices.
- Communicate and administer HR Policies, procedures, and strategies that balance the needs of the business unit with employee needs.
- Assist in deployment of all HR products and services.
- Counsel and coach employees, supervisors, managers on policy administration.
- Serve as the primary resource, coordinating immigration with counsel, on issues pertaining to employment.
- Conduct training sessions on various subject areas. Services include recruitment, compensation analysis, benefits, training and communications.
- Collaborate with HR Team to identify and resolve organizational and or intra-unit issues.
- Resolves employee-relations issues within scope in accordance with Federal and local laws, and company policy and practice. Escalate issues to AD of HR Core Team.
- Various duties (reports, special projects) as assigned by manager.
Accredited 4 Year Degree - BA in HR or related field preferred
Five to eight years of prior practical HR Generalist or Specialist experience required. Heavy Labor Experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and
1) Knowledge of:
- Human resource principles, practices and procedures including employee relations, compensation, employee development and recruiting/staffing.
- Federal, state and local laws, rules and/or regulations affecting human resources administration.
- MS Office software package
2) Skill in:
- Written, verbal and presentation skills
3) Ability to:
- Influence managers and employees while establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment with minimal supervision
- Act as a leader for small, single function teams or specific projects
- Evaluate, analyze and resolve complex problems
The Maschhoffs offer competitive wages and exceptional benefits.
The Maschhoffs - 10 months ago