The HR Generalist at Charleston is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of the talent acquisition process for the salaried and hourly workforces at the Charleston Mill, Chip Mills, and the Summerville Lumber Mill. This includes developing and implementing a mill-wide recruiting strategy, managing the requisition, posting, and selection process, participating in the interview process, involvement in preparing offers to prospective candidates, and coaching/training hiring managers on interviewing and other selection techniques. The HR Generalist will also be involved with the day-to-day administration of policies and programs in the department such as compensation, benefits, labor relations, and workforce development. The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of selection processes, HR systems and policies, and the skill to provide effective coaching to the management team and employees to resolve HR matters.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
Previous Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a professional HR Generalist role or as a HR specialist in talent management/recruiting in an industrial environment, or a college graduate with related co-op/intern experience and a HR related degree.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of talent management including selection processes, pre employment testing, and behavior based interviewing for both a salaried and hourly workforce.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Working knowledge of Excel, Word, HRIS systems, and HR record keeping.
- Excellent organizational, communication, team, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills, and proven ability to apply techniques at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess self-initiative to identify and anticipate client needs, assess the emotional climate of the organization, and make recommendations for changes and implementation as such.
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation was formed in April 2005 by industry veterans to establish operating businesses in the paper,...