AAA is a civic, not-for-profit organization rendering valuable service to the public, as well as many specialized services for the exclusive benefit of its members such as Automotive Services, Financial Services, Insurance and Travel. AAA Southern New England employees help and serve as a way of life. Through a 100-year legacy of service stewardship, our employees make valuable contributions to our workplace and the community that surrounds us.
Provides proactive Human Resources support to align business objectives with employees and management. Partners with business leaders for effective implementation of Human Resources programs and effective management techniques. Involves knowledge of the business goals and activities and application of Human Resources principles to increase effectiveness.
• Provides assessment, development and implementation support for a wide variety of Human Resources programs/knowledge within assigned business lines/departments.
• Responsible for staffing, including sourcing, recruiting and selecting non exempt/exempt employees, staff planning, including staffing models, seasonal changes and reporting relationships, shift allocation and location analysis. Maintains knowledge of the labor market for the purposes of sourcing and competitive practices.
• Analyzes Human Resources needs of business lines and develops/modifies/implements specified programs to meet objectives and increase the effectiveness of employees and/or works with to adjust as needed for the business line/department. Supports business, process, goal and strategy transitions, organizational changes and employee acceptance.
• Analyzes trends and metrics, in partnership with the HR group, to develop solutions, programs and policies. Within established programs, provides guidance, interpretation and input on business line/department organization restructures and transitions, workforce planning, and input into the broader succession planning process.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory and policy compliance.
• Provides day to day performance management guidance to business line/department leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Works closely with business line/department management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase employee commitment, engagement, productivity and retention.
• Maintains an effective level of business line knowledge, including current and intermediate range plans, its culture and business challenges. Integrates activities within these guidelines, while maintaining professional HR practices and required consistency amongst business lines/departments.
• Supports the training group through identification of training needs for the business line/department, including that related to leadership. Works with training specialists to meet objectives and secures business line/department support. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of programs. Performs follow-up to ensure that practical training objectives are met with tools and processes to optimize results.
Minimum of 6-8 years experience with a working knowledge of a broad array of human resources disciplines and products/programs, including general application of compensation practices, diagnosis relating to human resources issues, adjudication of more complex employee relations issues, diversity, staff planning, performance management, federal and state employment laws, professional business practice. Demonstrated ability to link HR programs and practices to business line issues. Understanding of Performance and Competence management and effective leadership practices. Familiarity with compensation administration. Strong interpersonal skills required, with the ability to think analytically and strategically. Strong conflict management and decision making skills required. Strong organizational and time management skills required. Ability to perform multiple tasks with great accuracy and attention to detail. Demonstrated integrity and confidentiality. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and conditions. Complete familiarity with the Microsoft Office platform of products. Working knowledge of HRIS software strongly preferred.
- 21 months ago - save job
AAA is proud to offer space reserved just for you from $44 p/nt!