Performs a variety of administration/professional human resource functions in areas such as, compensation, employee relations, training and development, EEO/Affirmative Action, and benefits administration. Coordinating data entry into HRIS, and providing guidance to staff regarding human resources policies and procedures. May research information about various topics, as requested. Responsible for overall HR day-to-day support for Kansas City.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists with administering the Performance Management Process for the business unit.
- Assists in administration of HR programs for the business unit.
- Assists the recruitment department with hiring qualified candidates
· Identifies and solves administrative problems which hinder effective and efficient operations
Assist with the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Employee Handbook, Drug Screening Program, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for facilitating resolution to employee relations matters and minimizing risks to company.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and interpretation of new and existing HR programs.
- Contribute to initiatives that will enhance motivation, team-building and general welfare.
- Participates in the processing of terminations and conducting exit interviews.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts.
- Conducts designated new employee orientations.
- Act as a liaison with insurance carrier and/or Health and Welfare Department for Short term disability claims
- Oversees Worker’s compensation/Injury reporting for site
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or e q uivalent and 2 to 4 years experience in either HR Generalist or Specialist roles.
- HRIS experience required.
· Proactive collaboration within a HR team.
· Demonstrated ability to impact and influence others.
· Operating experience within a complex, changing environment.
· Government Contractor experience preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to q uestions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote q uality; monitors own work to ensure q uality.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration, accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; places success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 16 months ago
AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's leading...