What We Do and Who We Are
Advanced Practice Strategies (APS) optimizes healthcare outcomes by measuring and improving clinical decision-making. Our latest innovation, GNOSISTM, engages physicians, nurses, and other clinicians through a first-of-its-kind assessment that measures clinical knowledge and judgment and maps out an individualized learning path that delivers content only and exactly where each clinician needs it. Driven by our patented personalization technology, GNOSIS combines provider measurement, customized learning, and an actionable administrative dashboard that gives both clinicians and administrators insight across multiple levels of care.
Our proprietary database of individual knowledge and judgment assessments provides a transparent picture of clinical risk and more importantly, specific opportunities for outcomes improvement. APS serves hospitals, health systems, and insurance carriers in a way that is engaging, data-driven and focused, proven and trusted, and delivers real financial impact. For more information please visit www.aps-web.com.
What You Will Do
In this role, you will be responsible for keeping the operational aspects of our rapidly-growing-company’s people function humming – from recruiting and on-boarding to compensation, performance management and employee relations. Reporting to our VP, People, you will have a great deal of room to expand and grow within this job. We are looking for a heads-down operational maven oriented equally to people and process, who has command of the details, while understanding the big picture and making sure we are moving toward it.
Some Job Requirements
- Act as a key member of APS’ people team, which is on a mission to ensure that our culture is our most valuable strategic asset.
- Recruiting – Drive down vacancy average and make the recruiting process a great experience for candidates and internal stakeholders by being a key contributor to its components (creating and posting job descriptions, screening resumes, scheduling, interviewing, collecting feedback and creating job offers) and riding herd on the whole process.
- On-boarding – Own the individual on-boarding of each new employee, as well as the quarterly orientation program.
- Compensation and Benefits – Own the bi-weekly payroll process, enrolling individual employees in our benefits programs (including the creation of options paperwork); triage benefits questions and concerns; own open enrollment and act as a contributor to our compensation and benefits strategy.
- Performance Management – Act as the process master ensuring that we execute performance reviews for all eligible employees.
- Employee Relations – Act as a warm face of APS – listening to and/addressing employee questions and concerns in a manner that: 1) appropriately balances the desires of the individual employee with the broader community; and 2) reflects that what an employee wants and needs may not necessarily be the same.
- Reporting – Administer our people scorecard process; create and report on our employee engagement survey and track the other underlying data elements for key people metrics such as vacancy and turnover.
- Compliance – Maintain our employee files and keep us otherwise ticked and tied.
- Special Projects – Own other projects that contribute to the fabric of culture: celebrations, recognition and awards, all hands meetings, etc.
We are looking for candidates who embody the APS spirit – passionate work, resourcefulness, creativity and team play. Candidates will also have the following:
Though we are looking for some specific skills – as noted in the list above – who you are is more important to us than what you know. Attitude, values and raw talent are as important as specific experience. Non-negotiable competencies include openness, team approach, and a strong focus on balancing frame-breaking innovation with real deliverables.
- Some prior experience or aptitude for HR or HR-related competencies.
- Flexibility to embrace and problem solve around real-world constraints, creative and resourceful, balanced with pragmatic, when needed.
- Able to reliably balance day-to-day operational work, as well as projects.
- Responsive and flexible to evolving needs of a growing company.
- Team player but with clear vision and leadership instincts.
- Graceful and respectful under stress.
- Abundance of sparkle pressure.
More About Us
We’ve been around for a long time, have more than a thousand client sites, and have earned a reputation as the best and most innovative provider of online education in medicine. But that’s only the beginning. Our vision and mission go far beyond what we’ve accomplished so far. We are building the bridge that will take clinicians into the digital future in which information and knowledge are able to serve them with the same individual care they deploy in serving their patients. To make this happen, we have to be compassionate revolutionaries living inside a big established healthcare industry, but confident in our ability to inspire great transformation.
The team we are building is full of incredibly talented, self-motivated, creative, compassionate people who want to make the world a better place by using all of their extraordinary talents. We are small, but not for long, and because of this we are committed to an environment short on hierarchy and bureaucracy and long on ideas and innovation. We’re serious, and we also love what we do. We have resources, and we are careful to make the most of them. We’re proud of our accomplishments, and we are eager to learn more, to accomplish the next great thing. We are idealistic, and we are also results oriented. We love solving complex problems, and we have an instinct for keeping things simple. We are demanding of ourselves and each other, and we also have fun and support every member of the team.
Industry / Job Highlights
Healthcare, patient safety, online learning, eLearning, e-learning, software, statistics, statistician, decision making, assessments, APS, Advanced Practice Strategies, growth, start-up, medical education, CME, CNE, CE, CEU, nursing education, medical education, emergency education
Advanced Practice Strategies - 7 months ago
APS is an industry leader in the area of medical risk management. We work with medical professionals, legal teams, and risk management...