Alvarez & Marsal, a leading global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With more than 2,500 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
About the Role
The ideal candidate is passionate about HR work and inspired by the impact it has on business leaders and employees. The HR Department supports over 2,500 employees and business leaders in more than 15 countries. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each team member to be a catalyst in driving our department’s performance. In this role the right candidate will be exposed to the global human resources function.
The Human Resources Generalist performs a variety of HR functions under the direction of the Director of Human Resources. This position will provide direct human resources generalist support to their dedicated business units which are a combined 350+ headcount base.
Core responsibilities for your assigned business units and regions include:
- Creating and preparing customized offer letters and separation agreements;
- Managing the entire on-boarding and off-boarding process with various corporate departments;
- Providing counsel and support for employee related matters;
- Establishing partnerships and maintaining close relationships with business leaders to recognize, identify, and understand business trends, issues, goals and needs for present and future business initiatives;
- Ensuring follow-up to employee inquiries is timely and professional (e.g. performance plans, promos/transfers, etc); and
- Assisting with immigration related issues (secondments, relocations, visa requests, etc.).
- 5+ years of human resources generalist experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in compensation, immigration, employee relations and US employment law.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven project management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience in working within a fast-paced professional services firm and a complex, dynamic, multi-cultural business environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to develop deep understanding of the business
- Strong PC skills including MS Office. HRIS experience preferred, knowledge of SharePoint is plus.
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
Alvarez & Marsal - 6 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...