Bayview was founded in 1961 to care for the elderly residents of Seattle's Queen Anne neighborhood and beyond. Early Seattleite Charles A. Kinnear bequeathed his family's historic property to the First United Methodist Church for the care of older adults or children. Today, Bayview Retirement Community is an independent not-for-profit organization, managed by a volunteer Board of Trustees. It maintains its affiliation with the Methodist Church, while embracing residents -- and employees -- from many different faith traditions. We consider our employees to be our most valuable asset, and strive to provide a workplace that is welcoming and supportive.
Based at the foot of Queen Anne, we are easily accessible from all parts of the city, as well as I-5 and Highway 99. In addition to a competitive benefits package, we offer affordable on-site dining, on-site daycare, and a free-to-use wellness center with sweeping views of the city.
We are currently seeking a talented HR Generalist to join our team. Reporting to the HR Director, this position will be responsible for day-to-day HR administrative tasks, including providing support in the areas of recruiting, compensation, benefits, human relations, and risk management. While the position will be primarily focused on tactical responsibilities, we are seeking an individual with the HR knowledge and experience who is comfortable speaking up with ideas and process/policy improvements.
· 3 years of experience in Human Resources or equivalent combination of related education or work experience.
· Demonstrated experience working with and understanding HR concepts & processes.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Flexibility to move quickly from one task to another quickly under frequently shifting circumstances.
This is a 32-hour per week position, working 5 days per week, and will give you a great opportunity to apply your administrative abilities and HR knowledge while balancing home and personal priorities.
Bayview Retirement Community - 19 months ago