Bently Enterprises is comprised of over ten family-owned companies with a focus on green initiatives. We are privately held and encompass a wide range of industries, including property and private asset management, engineering services, alterative energy, and agriculture.
The HR Generalist, located in San Francisco, would join our existing HR team in working across multiple companies and industries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as designated front-line point person for employee questions regarding policies, practices, programs and benefits.
- Manage and resolve basic and moderate employee relations issues; conduct investigations as needed.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, etc.)
- Assist, and sometimes lead, policy development efforts; implement and communicate policy changes.
- Responsible for general human resources administrative tasks such as report generation, entering and maintaining data in the human resources information system, amending job descriptions and composing correspondence.
- Maintain personnel records, benefit files, forms and related documents to ensure compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Prepare and distribute documentation for any changes in conditions, including: salary increases, changes to hours, or changes to duties.
- Perform benefits administration to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Work with hiring managers and HR Director in recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel, including developing specifications and appealing position advertisements.
- Coordinate and conduct interviews, including preparation of interview questions with the hiring manager.
- Assists in monitoring workers’ compensation cases from inception to resolution.
- Assist with the annual and semi-annual performance management processes (performance reviews, bonus and merit).
- Provide backup payroll support.
Bently Holdings is an equal opportunity employer operating a drug-free wokrplace. We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents, as well as generous time off polices. To learn more about Bently Holdings, please visit our website. To learn more about about the Bently family of companies, please visit the Bently Enterprises website.
- Advanced fluency in written and spoken Spanish required.
- B.A. degree plus 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel (25%).
- Valid drivers license with ability to meet company's insurance requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.http://www.bentlyholdings.com
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.