Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to be sensitive to corporate and business needs as well as employee goodwill.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Ability to utilize computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including data entry, database management, and proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to provide oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
- Ability to practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to stay current with employment law changes.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Personal Trait Profile:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Two to three years experience in Human Resources Administration.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- PHR certification is preferred.
- Ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the company.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to influence, lead employees, and translate the vision of the company and its business strategy.
- Goal / Results oriented - ability to set high goals and achieve results.
- Self-Starter - minimal supervision required.
- Team Player - ability to work across the organization.
- Good development and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Purpose Statement:
The HR Generalist reports to the HR Manager and is responsible to provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
This position is responsible for the recruitment and orientation of all non exempt personnel and temporary employees. This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. This position requires high energy, forward thinking, the ability to adapt to different environments and the ability to establish trust in the organization.
Summary of Responsibility:
- Assists the HR Manager in developing, organizing, and implementing an effective HR function in the organization
- Conducts recruitment for all nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees
- Performs employment verifications, including criminal background checks, previous employment, I-9 information and E-verification
- Maintains employee referral program
- Conducts new employee orientation
- Conducts benefits orientation for new employees
- Responsible for maintaining all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies
- Responsible for ensuring Evaluations, Intro Performance Reports, and Training Checklists are completed timely and in accordance with ISO standards
- Enter employee benefits on benefits websites and update as necessary
- Assist with employee relations investigations and employee coaching/counseling
- Maintains communication centers and ensures posting compliance
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Works with respective departments to develop and write job descriptions
- Completion of unemployment claims, and representation at unemployment hearings
- Research, plan, organize, track, and conduct training programs, seminars, and conferences for plant personnel
- Updates Human Resource Information System
- Updates payroll system with address, pay rate and deduction information
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Assists with Kaizen events and supports the lean initiative
- Assists with the administration of benefits, including orientation, HRIS, and the administration of reimbursement programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Carlisle Transportation Products - 17 months ago