CIGNA Global Health Benefits Human Resources team is looking for a globally minded, motivated, self-starting professional who is looking to grow their HR expertise supporting a fast-paced, global business. This position will require working from our Global headquarters which is located in Wilmington, Delaware. In this role you will gain hands-on experience in many HR functions providing support to Core HR activities such as reporting and analytics, employee relations, compensation, succession planning, and performance management. Additionally, this person will supports local/regional personnel policies, programs, and plans.
- Support implementation of HR strategy (global/regional/business line/local)
- Work closely with HR Director and clients in an advisory and/or support capacity to deliver across all aspects of the HR lifecycle. Provide support to HR projects and participates in change initiatives through the use of HR consultation skills.
- Provides HR consulting to business managers on a wide variety of HR issues.
- Participates in the hiring process and helps to identify top talent. Participates in workforce planning activities, including analysis of staffing patterns, identification of trends & future needs.
- Implements retention action plans. Identifies at-risk early high performance/potential employees and assists managers to create individual retention strategies.
- Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, delivers tools to enable managers to comply with HR policies.
- Identifies, analyzes and implements solutions to enhance employee engagement, best practice sharing.
- Participate in annual review and performance strategy, ensuring consistency and fairness in accordance with Cigna's Healthy Careers Healthy Rewards programs.
- Participate/coordinate annual talent management activities for client area (succession planning.)
- Four year degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field from an accredited four year college is required. Master’s degree in HR preferred
- Strong HR analytics capability; demonstrate understanding of how People data translates to influencing business decision; experience manipulating large sets of data for reporting purposes using Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.
- Three or more years of HR related experience in areas such as compensation, sourcing and/or recruiting in a corporate environment.
- Must be able to work independently and be able to efficiently manage day-to-day activities.
- Strong communication/consulting/influencing skills, both verbal and written required.
- PHR certification is desired.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and display a high level of professionalism when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Keen ability to prioritize; ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of principles around Uniform Guidelines on Employment Selection preferred.
- Proactively identify problems, be able to resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Must be open to other's ideas and exhibit a willingness to try new things.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in a positive or negative situation.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and changing demands.