This job exists to: Human Resources Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, credentialing, benefits management and payroll functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports organizational recruiting at all levels of the organization:
- Posts and tracks jobs, placing advertisements. Updates company website for recruiting.
- Checks references, confirms education and certifications and completes background checks on selected candidates.
- May participate in and/or facilitate interviewing process.
- Assists Hiring Managers in determining the appropriate salary for offers to candidates.
- Partners with managers as assigned to address duties and issues related to managing staff:
- Completion of annual evaluations, following up with managers on late reviews or discrepancies in evaluations.
- Notification to payroll of salary changes as needed and in conjunction with performance evaluations.
- Staff completion of required training.
- Worker’s compensation tracking, follow up, research and contacts with employees, managers, designated providers, and insurance representatives.
- Coordinates employee benefits enrollments and assists employees with benefit questions/issues
- Assists with safety issues, including ergonomic evaluations.
- Effective use of the HRIS, payroll system and time keeping systems.
- Works with managers to resolve personnel issues and address disciplinary issues.
- Provides support to managers serving as a business partner to his/her assigned sites.
- Coordinates and participates in corporate training programs including coordinating and delivering training/meetings as needed.
- Administers corporate policies and supports managers in enforcing them. May participate in drafting or designing new policies.
- Manages co-worker recognition program. Notifies staff and managers of quarterly recognition, orders recognition awards and facilitates presentation of these awards at site meetings.
- Directs exiting employees to the ExitPulse survey, removing any barriers to completing the report, follows up to make sure the report is completed, sends a confirmation and thank you.
- Assists with Payroll and Credentialing and Privileging as needed.
- Provides feedback to VP, HR on cultural and employee relations issues and information.
- Produces reports from the HRIS on a prescribed and ad hoc basis, as needed.
A. Education / Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or comparable experience.
2. Two years human resource experience required. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
2. General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
3. Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
4. Effective oral and written communication.
5. Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
6. Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
7. Excellent organizational, tracking and follow up skills.
Clinica Family Health Services - 9 months ago