Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned :
- Respond to inquiries regarding organization’s policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Facilitate the onboarding and exiting process for all employees.
- Manage employee leave of absence programs.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues.
- Manage unemployment and workers compensation claims.
- Maintain confidential employment data, health records, and electronic data utilizing HRIS database.
- Partner with Operations Team to build a high performance, people-focused culture that drives business results.
- Protect interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and all applicable employment standards and legislation.
About Consumer Cellular
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Arizona state employment laws and federal employment law.
- 3+ years of broad range HR generalist experience.
- Ability to work as the sole HR person for this location.
- Ability to assess and identify causes of workplace issue and mediate conflict or make recommendations for resolution of conflicts.
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll system and Time & Attendance system a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of employees through excellent listening and communication skills that engender trust and support.
- PHR preferred.
Consumer Cellular is the exclusive wireless provider for AARP members and a top-rated carrier that provides no-contract cell phones and service plans to those 50+. Founded in 1995 on the belief that everyone should have affordable access to the safety and convenience of cellular service, Consumer Cellular is privately held with more than 800 employees. The Portland, Ore.-based company utilizes the nation's largest voice and data network, covering more than 296 million people - or 97 percent of the U.S. population. Consumer Cellular's wireless phones and plans are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Sears and RadioShack dealer franchise locations, as well as direct to consumers at www.consumercellular.com . The company has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list for four years in a row. Consumer Cellular has been on the Oregon Business Journal’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon” in 2011, 2012 and 2013 and for the 4 th year in a row, Consumer Cellular has made the list of 100 Best Green Companies to Work For in Oregon.
100% Paid Employee Only Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage for Full-Time Employees
401(k) / Profit Sharing
Wireless Phone Service
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Group Life and AD&D Benefits
Voluntary Term Life and AD&D Benefits
Long Term Disability
Identity Theft Protection
Employee Assistance Program
About Consumer Cellular —
Consumer Cellular is an established cellular phone service provider in the U.S. and is privately held with more...