Partner with internal customers to design and execute programs that align HR strategies with business strategies, streamline and standardize policies, practices and processes, and ensure that the HR Department is most effective in managing human capital. The HR Generalist will be responsible for generalist activities including employee relations, training and development, compensation, benefits, HR administration, and event planning. In addition the HR Generalist will have a focus in the functional area of recruitment and staffing.
Responsible for all COPT recruitment activities for all non-exempt and various exempt staff positions by partnering with the hiring managers to ensure timely compliance with open position requirements. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Under the supervision of the Manager, Human Resources this position will participate in a variety of HR Generalist issues which will include but are not limited to:
- Working with management to ensure timely understanding of current and future workforce needs and implementing improvements to staffing processes as needed.
- Coordinate with all hiring management to maintain a continuous supply of qualified applicants.
- Development, coordination and implementation of recruiting initiatives using the Ultipro HRIS/Recruitment processes.
- Conducts Interview Training with management team.
- Create job post openings via the company’s external and internal website, internet, newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, social and professional media, and in other position appropriate venue
- Reviewing resumes, screening applicants over the phone, coordinating search through employment agencies, coordinating and conducting interviews, administering tests to applicants, checking references, extending offer to top candidates and preparing employment offers
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions preparing statistical reports related to the progressive management of the recruitment function
- Conduct regular follow-up communication with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation tracking the progress of hires and fill rates
- Network and establish relationships with institutions, industry contacts, associations, trade groups, social and professional internet sites, social media and employees to build pipeline of talent.
- Identify and participate in job fairs and other recruitment events that could provide quality candidates for open positions.
- Developing and implementing creative recruitment techniques to attract qualified candidates
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Provides information and general support to employees and managers.
- Assisting and/or conducting new employee orientation
- Engaging in various employee relations activities
- Promptly investigating complaints/issues and making recommendations to management for resolution.
- Conducting exit interviews and analyzing data to make recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Conducting performance appraisal training and ensuring performance appraisals are conducted on annual basis.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations for aspects of employment
- Administers human resources policies, procedures and programs, as needed
- Assist with special HR projects and Initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related degree and at least four years of recruiting experience
- .HR Generalist and Recruitment related experience
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Ultipro HRIS, and Recruitment software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to work independently collaborating with all internal and external customers possessing the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups
Corporate Office Properties Trust - 20 months ago