DentalPlans.com is looking for a full-time, in-house Human Resources Generalist, who will solely manage the daily HR functions of our Park Ridge Office. Areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to: employee recruiting/onboarding; HRIS/records management; compliance; payroll and benefits; policies and procedures; new hire orientation; organizational development; process implementation; and employee relations. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this position acts as a key support to the Executive staff. The ideal candidate will know how to handle strictly confidential and proprietary information with the utmost professionalism.
Job Functions Included but not limited to:
Communication: Develop and implement human resources plans and procedures for company personnel. Plan, organize, and control all activities related to assigned projects and processes. Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and organizational development. Plan special events and holiday activities to exhibit appreciation and keep morale high.
Recruitment: Work with managers to identify staffing needs. Conduct the recruitment efforts for all assigned positions. This includes screening résumés, conducting phone screenings, organizing interviews, accepting/rejecting candidates. Lead the onboarding process for New Hires.
Training: May assist Corporate Trainer in planning, and developing training programs that develop skills to meet business objectives and that reinforce company culture.
Policies: May assist in the development of company and personnel policies and procedures. Communicate changes to management and staff when required.
Employee/Labor Relations: Act as an advisor on human resources issues to managers. Assist managers on employee relations and resolution of employee issues.
HR Law/Compliance: Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
Performance Appraisal: Support managers in the annual performance appraisal process.
Meet weekly with the VP of Human Resources and department managers.
Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years Human Resource Experience and a Bachelors Degree in HR or related field; relevant experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Excellent communication, analytical, listening, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate - Advanced Computer Skills: MS Office – Word, Outlook, PP, Excel; time tracking systems like ADI; Performance Management Systems; experience with Visio preferred
- PHR preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with the utmost professionalism and courtesy
- Articulate communicator – in writing, over the phone and in person
- Must be a team player. Someone who is able to build morale & group commitments to goals & objectives, and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
DentalPlans.com - 2 years ago