Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000 employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V.
The HR Generalist is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Human Resources department and local employees in the Direct Energy line of business. In various support efforts, the candidate will act as a liaison between internal departments, outside vendors and customers, and HR members. While this position will report directly to the HR Director, it will provide HR support to the HR Directors and Human Resources Business Partners.
Accountabilities (including but not limited to):
HR Business Partner Support
Recruiting & Event Coordination
- When appropriate, provides guidance on policies and general HR issues to managers and employees
- Works closely with HR Business Partners to research and share best practices, provide assistance on critical needs, and coordinate company initiatives
- Support and assist HR Business Partners with mid-year and end-of-year performance management initiatives
- In conjunction with the HR Business Partners, works with business leaders on organizational design and any restructuring efforts for designated practices
- Supports line of business employee engagement strategy and initiatives
- Supports event coordination with HR Business Partners for business unit off-sites
- Generates separation paperwork including severance packages
- Partners with HR Support Shared Service on processing of terminations, transfers, etc.
- Tracks escalated employee issues (e.g. payroll, benefits, and bonuses) and follows up with impacted individuals on status updates
- Tracks and requests retention bonuses and tuition reimbursements
- Conducts exit interviews
- Direct Energy networking University/College events
- Job Fairs attendance
- Support administration of Sales Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Lead and/or support major projects and liaise with the Corporate HR Support function in various on-going projects and tasks
- Manage employee recognition award program for the line of business
- Support initiatives w/ strategic community partnerships
- Transition coordination including 401K, vacation payout, SAP data and onboarding
- Managing exits including severance packages
- Processing and tracking of terminations and transfers
- Coordination of Outplacement Services
- Data gathering, collating, and analyzing of information in such programs as MS Excel
- Build division/department metrics on key initiatives to assist with the overall success of HR
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or related field
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Working knowledge of HR systems such as SAP
- Strong HR analytics, data gathering/analytics tools
- Analytical, critical thinker with logical problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Sound judgment and risk assessment/mitigation • Process and systems oriented
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Understanding of various human resources policies and procedures
- Expedient follow through and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of various employment laws (e.g. Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, etc.)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact successfully at all levels is required
- Public speaking and facilitator skills in order to speak effectively and persuasively on matters of interest to employees, and serves as facilitator on employee focus groups
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and represents ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and in person
- A flexible, customer focused attitude with a willingness to travel as needed
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...