Join a dynamic Human Resources team! Dow Jones, a global media industry leader, seeks a Human Resources Generalist to work with our Sales and Marketing organization. We are an intellectual business that is fast and ambitious. Our HR team is uniquely plugged into the business and our employees. This puts us in a position to anticipate and respond to work-related and personal needs, which we do with a combination of creative and practical approaches.
The Human Resources Generalist contributes to the performance of the business by advising and partnering with Managers to enable them to effectively lead, motivate, develop and retain their top talent; driving a pay for performance culture; addressing all areas of performance management and employee relations; and supporting collective bargaining agreements. This position serves on a regional basis as part of a global HR team.
This rare HR opportunity will not disappoint. The right person is smart, carries out procedures quickly and accurately, is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems, has a high emotional intelligence, is outgoing, and is comfortable dealing with ambiguity. Finally, you must love learning, reading, media and entertainment - we are a leading global publishing company after all, and our parent company is News Corp.
Dow Jones & Company
is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations via newspapers, Web sites, apps, video, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, and radio. Dow Jones has produced unrivalled quality content for over 100 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with 2,000 journalists in more than 50 countries, including The Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by total average circulation. Other premier brands include Barron’s, MarketWatch, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones VentureSource, and DJX. Its information services publish in 13 languages and distribute content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making. The company pioneered the first successful paid online news site and its industry leading innovation enables it to serve customers wherever they may be, via the Web, mobile devices, Internet-connected televisions, and tablets.
- Bachelor degree and 5+ years of progressive human resources experience.
- The ability to provide direct and indirect insight to managers on complex HR issues including employee relations, talent development and retention strategies with the ability to recognize and involve specialist members within HR when appropriate.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects/tasks and a diverse client base; multi-task; work well under pressure; and, remain calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Experience providing guidance to managers on creating job descriptions and ensuring internal equity.
- Problem-solve using independent judgment based on the analysis of information available.
- Must have a track record of success as an ambassador of change in a complex, fast-paced and results-driven global organization.
- Ability to build effective consultation and advisory skills; and build trusting, productive relationships with others.
- Integrity, professionalism and ability to manage confidential data.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including strong presentation skills.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Dow Jones - 8 months ago
This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information with a...