Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reporting to: VP, Human Resources
Position Location: New York City, NY
The Human Resources Generalist is an integral part of the HR team. This role requires someone to embrace the Emerald culture and be a highly strategic business partner with a vision to identify and drive change initiatives. Must have the flexibility to own all facets of the HR function for a 400 employee-organization and transition easily day-to-day, based on the business’ needs. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide intellectual insight/guidance to management on a variety of employee relations issues. Work with legal counsel when necessary.
- Guide client group through extensive bi-annual talent /succession planning initiatives.
- Coach employees and managers on subjects such as career, performance and leadership development plans, as well as compensation matters.
- Participate in annual performance review and incentive planning process by ensuring alignment between performance rating, and merit and bonus increase recommendations.
- Support the business with organizational change and development. Manage and drive Benefits open enrollment process.
- Partner with hiring managers to assess recruitment needs. Determine and negotiate appropriate compensation package to retain and attract top talent. Assist with building strong talent pipeline, to attract strong human capital both externally and internally.
- Support Organizational Development Manager with facilitating training initiatives to meet the specific business needs of the organization.
- Partner with management to prepare and maintain job descriptions for each position within the client group.
- Provide support to management on requests of data analysis and ad-hoc reporting.
- Act as a knowledge and policy expert for associates on all HR/policy questions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong employee relations’ experience.
- Prior benefits administration experience is a huge plus.
- 7-10 years of HR experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Results-orientation and time management skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Knowledge of applicable benefit financial, legal, and operational rules, laws and regulation.
- Strong business orientation and confidence with delivering difficult messages.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office.
Emerald Expositions is a leading organizer of customer-focused tradeshows and consumer events within the United States. Our extensive...