Publish Start Date
Jul 2 2013
Previous Job | Next Job
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Act as a business partner in helping achieve departmental and company objectives. This position will help provide accurate and timely HR information to employees and management. Must demonstrate a high-level of integrity, confidentiality, and commitment.
TECHNICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. Assists in the development of personnel policies and procedures.
- Establishes effective working relationships with other internal departments to respond to HR questions and employee-related matters in a timely manner.
- Leads the recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, interns, and temporary employees.
- Conducts New Employee orientations.
- Maintains Affirmative Action program. Files EEO-1 reports and maintains records/logs to conform to EEO regulations. (i.e., applicant flow log, etc). Maintains I-9 and E-Verify documentation.
- Maintains and updates HR documents including job descriptions and organizational charts.
- Handles basic employee relations problems, investigates, counsels, and mediates disputes.
- Assists in administering compensation program including annual wage and salary plans, benefit and salary surveys.
- Performs benefits administration: monthly billing, advising employees on the company’s group health plans, voluntary benefits, tuition reimbursement, scholarship(s) and 401(k) retirement plan. Ensures timely enrollment into the plan, and assists with resolving claims issues.
- Maintains records in HRIS/Payroll system and compiles reports.
- Handles unemployment claims, employment verifications, etc.
- Manage employee welfare and recognition programs:
- Service Awards
- Bulk ticket discounts (Twins games, Renaissance Festival, Nickelodeon Universe, etc.)
- Summer Picnic, Holiday Party, Employee Recognition programs
- Administers all Leaves of Absence: FMLA, STD, etc. Responsible for tracking, reporting claims, coordinating return to work/work restriction accommodations with employee/supervisor.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of the department and customer satisfaction.
- Participates in various Division-level HR projects.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations.
AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assume other projects and responsibilities as directed.
2. Regular and predictable attendance is presumed to be an essential function of all employment.
3. Report to the Human Resources Manager. Interact and coordinate with vendors, job applicants, new hires, active and terminated employees.
4. Ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks under minimal supervision. Work with confidential employee information and maintain absolute privacy.
5. Perform human resource-related tasks to support company initiatives. Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Human Resource Management or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in the HR field, OR similar combination of education and experience.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident Required.
Additional Company Information
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is a Fortune 150 diversified global manufacturing and technology company. We offer a wide range of products and services in the areas of process management, climate technologies, network power, storage solutions, professional tools, appliance solutions, motor technologies, and industrial automation. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has approximately 150,000 employees and 250 manufacturing locations worldwide.
Regardless of the application, you can't afford for your interconnections to fail. At Emerson Connectivity Solutions , we've built our capabilities on delivering reliable connectivity solutions that assure Business-Critical Continuity ™ for your technology investments.
Our product lines (AIM-Cambridge, Johnson, Midwest Microwave, Semflex, Stratos, Trompeter, Viewsonics and Vitelec) have established a proven track record of innovation and excellence in signal integrity. We are a recognized leader in radio frequency technology and harsh environment optical solutions. We continue to evolve our product portfolio with a special focus on engineered solutions for the delivery of voice, video and data in demanding applications.
Emerson Connectivity Solutions has a passion for providing solutions for our customers. For businesses around the world, the Emerson ® brand stands for the ability to get big things done, through global engineering, technology, industry expertise and customer focus. Whatever their challenge, they know that with Emerson by their side, they can "Consider It Solved."
Additional Website Information
Emerson Network Power - 14 months ago
Liebert keeps its cool in the face of a power meltdown. The company designs, makes and markets surge suppressors, uninterruptable power...