Purpose and role of job:
The Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource function for their assigned areas. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, and organizational development. Must be able and willing to support team members in a 24/7 manufacturing work environment.
Principal Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
Education and experience requirements:
- Adheres to all Safe Work Practices (SWP) and organizational policies and procedures. Must abide by all safety requirements and attain safety goals.
- Support a Performance-based hiring practice.
- Provide general human resources support to supervisory team of assigned areas. Support may include talent management, employee relations, employee training and development.
- Manage recruitment for assigned areas of responsibility. Pre-screen and interview qualified job applicants; schedule interviews with various management personnel and make recommendations when necessary. Ensure that the Company’s full-cycle recruitment efforts comply with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with outside recruiting agencies to determine eligibility of applicant status of candidates. Manage the financial responsibility for all recruiting vendors.
- Assist Supervisors with career counseling for employees and make alternative recommendations for job enhancement and long term goals when applicable.
- Coordinate the Performance Management and Annual Merit Increase Processes.
- Is knowledgeable of and able to ensure that all employment actions, both internally and externally, are in support of the Company’s diversity initiatives and in line with all company policies and state/federal laws.
- Work with managers to develop headcount strategies and personnel plan.
- Serve as a trainer for various HR/Mgmt topics to all employees.
- Attend operational and departmental meetings to develop HR synergies and offer HR support.
- Provide assistance to colleagues to ensure that various levels of management receive proper tools to successfully integrate Company Initiatives.
- Develops, coordinates, and conducts new hire orientation program for all new hires to provide the necessary knowledge of employee programs and benefits, company policies and procedures.
- Counsel leadership and team members concerning Company policies and assists with resolution of performance-related issues.
- Provide positive employee relations to include complaint investigations, counseling, and positive employee relations training (union-free).
- Consults with leadership, and participates in various departmental meetings, to ensure that human resources issues and concerns are dealt with promptly, fairly and consistently with Company philosophy, practice and policy. Recommends changes and alternative solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor salary administration and performance appraisal process, ensuring timely adherence and review for appropriateness and completeness.
- Participates in gathering and analysis of local wage and benefit survey information.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS) - maintains data base system containing team member human resources information. Retrieve data and create reports from HRIS as needed.
- Provide benefit administration support by understanding, communicating and supporting the Company’s benefit philosophy, coverage, etc. to leadership and team members. (FMLA, STD, life insurance)
- Participate in continuous improvement and cost-savings projects and and initiatives as required.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; Concentration in Human Resources preferred.
- (1) one to (3) three years generalist Human Resources experience in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Must interact well with team members at all levels.
- Requires ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, often under pressure; must be flexible to changes in priorities.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of responsibility for dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Microsoft Office, HRIS and Applicant Tracking systems.
- Must possess strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office and knowledge of HRIS and Applicant Tracking systems.
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
- Medical, Rx, vision and dental insurance with immediate eligibility upon date of hire
- Generous quarterly incentive and year-end bonus plans
- 401k with employer match
- Life and disability insurance plans
- Competitive wages and shift differential
- On-site cafeteria
- Self-advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive training programs
- Tuition reimbursement
First Quality - 9 months ago
Consumer paper products and bottled water prevail at First Quality Enterprises (FQE). A diversified group of companies, FQE manufactures and...