Position Objective: Performs professional level human resources activities in functions such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, unemployment, and related areas. Generally specializes within two or more assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates the development and administration of human resources programs in functions such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, security, and unemployment insurance and related areas.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation and makes recommendations and revisions as necessary.
- Performs benefit administration to include claims resolution, benefits enrollment, benefits audits, open enrollment, change reporting, approving and reconciling invoices for payment, coordinates with brokers and communicates benefit information to employees.
- Works with Director in developing and maintaining affirmative action program; files EEO-1 and VETS 100 report annually; maintains records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviews.
- Prepare new hire information including organization of orientation packets, set up of files, customization of orientation binders and update of orientation binder.
- Conduct new hire orientation and process new hires. Update the HRIS and Payroll systems with employee data.
- Oversee workers compensation claims and respond to legal actions in coordination with legal counsel as necessary.
- Analyze and make recommendations for benefit changes.
- Coordinates and assists with employee development and training programs.
- Coordinates the implementation of employee anniversary program,
- Manage the employee reward and recognition program.
- Process various personnel action to include new hires, FMLA, other leave of absence requests, terminations, etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification is preferred.
- Experience working in a government contracting environment is preferred.
- Experience with Service Contract Act and Wage Determination is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations including but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, OFCCP, etc.
- Experience in working with Human Resource Information Systems.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to prepare presentations, memos, and reports.
- Skilled in creating and/or developing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
GAP Solutions champions the missions of our Federal Government customers and delivers value through people, process, and solutions.