GenQuest is seeking a highly capable and motivated individual to serve as a Human Resources Generalist with a local company on a contract basis to provide Human Resources expertise. This applicant will participate in employee onboarding, employee maintenance, employee termination, policy and procedure reviews, payroll, and much more. This position will report to the GenQuest Human Resources Manager and take direction from the customer, but will not be able to make decisions on GenQuest’s behalf.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Administers an online applicant tracking system to track job openings, resumes, candidates, and contacts more quickly and efficiently.
• Administers a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to increase efficiency and accuracy.
• Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
• Administers compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Monitors daily timesheet entries and makes adjustments with authorization.
• Compiles employee hours for final approval and compensation.
• Works with the payroll department to ensure compensation accuracy.
• Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
• Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations; writes and places advertisements.
• Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
• Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Maintains recruiting statistics and employee statistics as required.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of payroll/timesheets, personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to work in a team environment and independently.
• A bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR
• A master' degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field, OR
• Seven (7) years of experience in the HR field, OR
• Any similar combination of education and experience.
• Two (2) years of payroll/timesheet experience.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification desirable.
Compensation & Benefits Overview
• Position is temporary part-time.
• Position is located between Albuquerque and Los Lunas.
• Hourly compensation depends on experience.
GenQuest's award-winning team of project managers, course developers, instructors, programmers, mediators, facilitators, and event planners...