Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm, with 3800+ staff in 42 locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Gensler’s North Central Region is seeking an HR Generalist to join the Chicago based HR team. This position will have broad responsibility working directly with staff and leadership supporting 350+ people in all aspects of human resource services at the direction of the Regional HR Leader. This is an opportunity to design a strategic HR service model in a cutting edge environment.
- Support full lifecycle of the employee from on-boarding, leave, exit, and retirement
- Educate employees about benefit programs and liaise with firm wide benefit team
- Develop work plans and roll out yearly programs including open enrollment, professional development plans and promotions
- Facilitate global mobility of employees with transfers, relocations, immigration and visa requests
- Facilitate effective staffing amongst staff by leading meetings, creating reports, and proactively circulating available staff
- Manage applicant flow for open positions including candidate communication, interview scheduling, reference checks, offer letter generation, and maintaining applicant tracking database
- Maintain HRIS data, perform audits, and create reports
- Assist in developing performance management tools, formalizing succession planning, and proactively developing staff and leadership
- Oversee the summer intern program
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disables and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- 6-10 years of Human Resources experience
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related area required
- Solid time management skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks while working independently as a part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with individuals at all levels of management
- Sense of humor and an ability to have fun in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Experience with Taleo and Workday preferred
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office proficiency
Gensler - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
One of a handful of "pure design" firms, M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates (Gensler) consistently ranks among the largest...