Manage and/or administer various HR related processes including, but not limited to: employee relations, orientation, training, recruiting, EEO/Affirmative Action, policy administration, benefits, FMLA, short-term disability, layoffs, and Unemployment Compensation. Responsible for employment cycle processes. Perform internal HR consulting for management and employees. This non-exempt position will work under the direct supervision of senior HR staff.
* Responsible for managing and/or administering various HR processes including, but not limited to: employee relations, orientation, training, recruiting, EEO/Affirmative Action, policy administration, benefits, FMLA, short-term disability and layoffs.
* Process and represent GOH for unemployment claims for separated employees.
* Responsible for coordinating employment cycle processes: background verifications/clearances, pre-employment physical exams, pre-employment drug testing, new hire orientations, etc.
* Provide employment verification to government agencies and prospective employers in accordance with guidelines provided.
* Under direct supervision of senior HR staff, collect, develop and analyze data pertaining to recruitment, selection and retention strategies. Make recommendations for process improvements.
* Receive, investigate and propose corrective action for employee complaints and compliance agency claims.
* Travel in and/or drive a vehicle as needed to attend UC hearings, trainings, meetings and recruiting events.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
Working Knowledge of:
* Federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
* Unemployment compensation regulations and compliance.
* Family and Medical Leave Act requirements and compliance.
* Fair Labor Standards Act regulations and compliance.
* Americans with Disabilities Act requirements and compliance.
* Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action guidelines, policies and laws.
* Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
* Relational databases and HRIS concepts.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Follow through on issues in a timely manner.
* Efficiently and flexibly deal with changing priorities.
* Distinguish confidential and/or personal information and prevent unauthorized disclosures.
* Must have strong data entry, typing and computer skills.
* Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
* Must have strong customer service and communication skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
*Prefer PHR/SPHR certification.
*Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record per company minimum standard for drivers.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
* Prefer 1-2 years of experience in Human Resources.
* Talk and hear in conversations with customers. Constant 67-100%
* See and read PC screens; Read normaly type size print. Constant 67-100%
* Sit for sustained periods of time. Constant 67-100%
* Use basic office equipment such as phones, computer, file cabinets, copier, etc. Constant 67-100%
* Bend, stoop, kneel to file. Frequent 34-66%
* Use fingers and hands to type and file. Constant 67-100%
* Lift and/or transport items weighing less than 25 pounds from one location to another. Occasional 0-33%
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Glenn O. Hawbaker Inc. - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard