Graham Packaging, based in York, Pennsylvania, is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of technology-based, customized blow-molded plastic containers for the branded food and beverage, household, personal care/specialty, and automotive lubricants product categories. The company has an extensive blue-chip customer base that includes many of the world’s largest branded consumer products companies. It produces more than 20 billion container units annually employing more than 8,200 employees at 97 plants in North America, Asia, Europe, and South America, and sales reaching $3 billion.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced, team-oriented individual for a Human Resources Generalist position within our Muskogee, OK Plant.
The main responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Responsible for selection, recruitment, and interviewing of plant employees and works jointly with supervisory and department heads in the hiring of employees.
- Administrates the plant weekly payroll.
- Interprets and applies company policies, benefits, practices, procedures, programs and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the administration of worker compensation reports, record keeping, and documentation.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals and absenteeism rates.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Plan and coordinate new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyze training needs to design employee training and development including safety programs.
- Plan and organize company events, e.g. luncheons, picnics, recognition, etc.
- Serve as the liaison between management and employees by handling questions and assisting in the resolution of work-related issues.
- Provides effective guidance to line and department staff, relating to employee concerns, problems, and disciplinary action to comply with company policies.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates plant safety programs and training, and maintains the first aid room.
- Serves as contact with temporary labor agencies to schedule workers to meet daily production staffing requirements and to process pay records.
- Perform Human Resource Coordinator duties and other related duties as assigned.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- B.S. Degree in Human Resources or related field is preffered
- 2-4 yrs experience in manufacturing as a HR Generalist
- Experience with HRIS and SAP
- PHR Certification preferred
- Experience with safety and workers compensation